Ricky Sappleton to Macclesfield Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

Even more lovely jubbly :038:

http://www.mtfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10393~1780433,00.html

Sappleton Joins
Posted on: Fri 28 Aug 2009

Macclesfield Town have secured a loan move for Leicester City striker Reniel 'Ricky' Sappleton until the end of December.

The Striker, who played, and scored in the Reserves 3-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday midweek, began his career at QPR and from there had trials with Middlesbrough and Liverpool before opting to join Leicester City in summer of 2007.

The following season he was a regular in both the Reserve and Youth side for the Foxes, scoring an impressive 14 in 16 starts (and five sub appearances) for the Reserve side. This included goals against Nottingham Forest and West Brom, and a hat-trick against Oldham.

He made his only senior appearance for the Foxes to date in his first season, coming off the bench to replace Carl Cort in the second half of a 2-1 Championship defeat to Southampton.

Last season he found playing time limited at Leicester as the Foxes had dropped their Reserve side, but he spent three loan spells at Bournemouth, Oxford (pictured) and AFC Telford, scoring three goals in 14 appearances between the three clubs, several of these coming from the bench.

Speaking to mtfc.co.uk Ricky told us:

"I'm pleased to be here and I'm looking forward to playing game sand hopefully getting some goals. I enjoyed the Reserve game in the week and I think I did OK. I scored one goal and felt I could have had more. But the more I play I'll get sharper and be able to take the chances when they come along."

Ricky is expected to be in the squad for tomorrow's game against Rotherham and you can read Keith Alexander's reaction to the signing on this site later today.

Last edited:
According to Ricky's facebook latest:

****ing Macclesfield is ****ing rubbish KMFT!! Thought it was Man Utd I was joining LOOL! Alegedly!!

Anyone know his opinion on the move via Facebook? ;)

Glad he's gone out on loan... the fact that he's at Macclesfield might make him realise he's not the superstar he thinks he is. Hopefully he'll do well there, sort out his attitude and come back here worthy of his contract... but I doubt it.

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1780584,00.html

Sappleton Joins Silkmen
Posted on: Fri 28 Aug 2009
Ricky Sappleton has left the club today, joining Coca-Cola League Two side, Macclesfield Town, until January.

The 19-year old striker joined City in 2007, making his only appearance for the club in a 2-1 home defeat to Southampton. Whilst with the Foxes, he has been on loan at Bournemouth, Oxford United and AFC Telford.

Is it a loan or have they finally told the pretentious wanker to feck off? :)

Anyone know his opinion on the move via Facebook? ;)

This:

Ricky Sappleton new squad number 22 lool

And this:

Jonny Hayes - Good 2 get outta that place! Buzzin!

Ricky Sappleton - lool yh gona get some games n goal n try move sumwere else

What a scrote. Needs to **** off asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673