RIP Neil Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: From FT

Puts everything into perspective, hope his family find the strength and support to come to terms with such an horrific event, RIP.

Last edited:

Lee: Have you got a pic of Janx from one of your recent meet-ups? Most of the ones I've got are from a few years ago, like when Alex was over.

Ben suggested I ring Peter Jones and get something put in the programme for the Luton game but seeing as you have more to do with him than I do would it be a bother if you sorted it?

I'll do it though if you don't want to.

edit: I have send an email to Peter already just to ask if there's time to get something in the programme for next weekend.

Beaumont

Re the programme: Can I suggest that you get in touch with Jon Dale directly - he actually does the programme. Peter Jones does not go into the office every day and trying to get something done through him might cause delay.

Jon is very approachable and there should still be time for him to get something in for Saturday.

Last edited:

Lee: Have you got a pic of Janx from one of your recent meet-ups? Most of the ones I've got are from a few years ago, like when Alex was over.
Try Shum's website. Deathside has a few, there's one posted on the thread there. I never took my camera out, not with that lot. I couldn't trust them to behave!! If you need any more info, pm me.

BF does the OS still run a forum? i was a poster years ago but the wonderfull and interesting people on here were to much to miss.

Very sorry to hear of the tragic loss. Thoughts to his family and those who will miss him.

Beaumont

Re the programme: Can I suggest that you get in touch with Jon Dale directly - he actually does the programme. Peter Jones does not go into the office every day and trying to get something done through him might cause delay.

Jon is very approachable and there should still be time for him to get something in for Saturday.

Already sorted.
It seems there have been a few people thinking along the same lines and Peter has already spoken to Jon who will be sorting it out.

I just wish it wasn't under these circumstances:icon_sad:

very sorry to hear this news and I hope his wife finds the inner stength that we all have at such unbearable times in our lives.

Email received from Sarah today:

Hello all,

Before I launch into the spiel about the funeral arrangements, could I take this opportunity to say a huge thank-you from me, Charlie and all our family for the many touching Emails, telephone calls and texts we have all received over the last few days.

I know it may sound trite, but this has provided a great deal of comfort and is extremely heart-warming to know not only that so many people are thinking of us at this difficult time, but also that so many people held Neil in such high esteem and thought of him as a friend.

The arrangements are as follows:

Friday 9th February 2007

1.15 – Funeral service to be held at Sandal Methodist Church, Barnsley Road, WF2 7NG

2.00 - Cremation at Wakefield Crematorium, Standbridge Lane, Crigglestone, WF4 3JA

Family flowers only please.

Afterwards at:

Hotel St. Pierre,

Barnsley Road
Newmillerdam
Wakefield
West Yorkshire
WF2 6QG

I appreciate some of you may want to attend for the Funeral service or Cremation only – could you please let me know if you wish to attend afterwards so I can try and give the hotel an idea of numbers for catering.

Many of you have already asked about donations to a Charity – we have all been thinking long and hard about this and think that given the type of person Neil was, his priority was always our son, Charlie and providing for his future.

With this in mind, it is my intention to establish a fund for Charlie. This can be used for his education and development and will help me to continue bringing our son up in the way Neil would have wanted and in a way which would have made him proud. For those of you who have asked about making a donation, please make your cheque payable to Charlie.

Could I please rely on you to disseminate the above information to anyone I have missed off this E-mail.

Thanks for all your help

Sarah

Also, I have asked Sarah if those who knew Janx could have permission to buy a plaque for the Remembrance Garden.

This was her reply to that:

Hello there Anita,

Hopefully you have received an Email with details of the arrangements for n next week – If I have missed you of the list in error, the full details can be found on the football page.

With regard to the plaque – I think this is a wonderful idea !!

As Neil was a Leicester lad, but spent half of his life in Yorkshire, I am planning on scattering some of his ashes up here and some at the ground somewhere. Maybe the timing of the plaque and the ashes scattering could be timed together in some way.

Thank you for thinking of this.

Regards

Sarah ( aka Mrs Janx !!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those who knew him and would like to contribute please PM me.

i think TB could do something on the fund raising front ;)

Definitely.

I don't want to sound disrespectul when I say this, but we could unite with the FT lot in this booze-up in memory of the bloke. Nothing else I think we can really do considering we (except for a couple of posters) didn't know him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46