RIP Thatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be frank, if you did that word-association thing with me and said "sniveling", "unpleasant" or "bully" my instant reply would most likely be "Spion".

Or "Thatcher".

But probably "Spion".

I'm with you on that and so is my new bestest friend, Steven.

Please, please, please let them impose a countrywide minute's silence.

Coupled with the OTT policing last night this could be a very interesting week.

A minute's applause would be more appropriate than a minute's silence

After all, I haven't actually stopped laughing, dancing and clapping since the vile evil old wankstain was finally removed from infesting this beautiful world with her repulsive, fetid presence

Another minute's worth is warmly deserved

You just did.

And not the vice-versa of course?

The destruction of the trade unions was a good thing, albeit done with little choice and done hard?

Weren't the 70's a period in our history of the 3 and 4 day week, strikes at the drop of a hat and the unions ruling this country with ridiculous demands on our country?

Bins not emptied for weeks, schools closed due to NUT strikes, NUM on strike seemingly more time than when they were actually working? Maybe i should live in your bubble world?

No, I didn't. Perhaps you were the product of a Thatcherist educational system hence your lack of simple comprehension skills.

Perhaps I think people have the right to strike if they are being persecuted or being asked to work for a pittance in dangerous conditions or are at risk of losing their homes, their livelihoods and, it isn't to hyperbolic to suggest, their will to live in some cases. Are you suggesting that these strikes were solved under her regime? You really must read more of your Penguin guide to Thatcher's Britain. She made them far more violent and wide spread with little care or regard for anyone effected.

Supporters of this parasite keep harping back to 'how bad it was pre Thatcherism...blah blah blah'. I have few pleasant memories of the regime before her's either as a matter of fact; they were idiotic in their management and negotiation with the Trade Unions. Thatcher, however, set out with an expressed intent to sell British industry to the lowest common bidder or destroy it completely, simply so that she did not have to negotiate. Her policies were madness and do have a huge role to play in the fiscal debacle we find ourselves in. With no industry left there are no assets to sell. It is a simple premise. You will of course deny this with little or no countenance.

I'm bored of you now. It has been fun though. I'm off to sit on that fence with Maws and Macky.

Oh.... and she was also a ****.

just wondering macks, why the vitriol for another countries ex pm, yeah I get she wasn't the peace process princess, but we were being bombed by the ira. I mean, I ****ing hate the French, but i'm not dancing on any ex pres's graves.

just wondering macks, why the vitriol for another countries ex pm, yeah I get she wasn't the peace process princess, but we were being bombed by the ira. I mean, I ****ing hate the French, but i'm not dancing on any ex pres's graves.

I've lived half my life in the UK and still have a lot of family there, I know first hand the suffering she caused.
Add to that she also exacerbated the war with the IRA, entrenching views on both sides, which extended the conflict by many years and caused many more unnecessary deaths.
She was an active supporter and personal friend of some of the most vile, disgusting and murderous regimes in modern history and she represents everything that I could possibly loathe on a political level.

But apart from all that, she was grand.

Add to that she also exacerbated the war with the IRA, entrenching views on both sides, which extended the conflict by many years and caused many more unnecessary deaths.

laughable

On a positive note, her funeral will herald an increase in temperature next week, which should bring on the arrival of you know what.......

On a positive note, her funeral will herald an increase in temperature next week, which should bring on the arrival of you know what.......

It must be getting very close, looking out of the office window I'm getting worried I might not be prepared.

Just 3C here today. I doubt if it will come before June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669