RIP Thatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fascinating aspects of this debate are clear from the posts. The Anti Thatcherites are vociferous in their apparent hatred for her and all she stood/stands for

On the other side there are those (me included) who can see balance in what she did. She did good and bad. Only the people on here with zero cranium capacity can fail to see there is balance.

They also fail to see she was the democratically elected leader of our "fair and pleasant land" for nearly three terms. If the posters on here can't bring themselves to acknowledge that three terms as PM and he strength of leadership outside if wartime allied to the fact that she was the first female warrants (at the least) silence from those who oppose and loathe her is a tragic indicement (sp) on today's society, made even worse as those posting their bile must be of an age to have been around during the seventies and eighties.

If you fail to see anything good in what she did then at least have the intelligence, fortitude and cranial capacity to do as your parents suggested which probably went along the lines if "if you have nothing good or posive to say, then say nothing at all".

Shame on you all for celebrating her death.

Last edited:
Sooooo of all the hideous things that took place under Thatcher, which ones were reversed or returned to their original state under opposition parties whilst in government?

Well Maws, your response sums up your attitude, doesn't it?

Does it?

If your parents told you "if you have nothing good or positive to say, then say nothing at all" you obviously missed the point seeing as your sanctimonious post insulted everyone who doesn't share your opinions...which seems pretty ****ing stupid to me.

Well Maws, your response sums up your attitude, doesn't it?

Don't waste your words. I think we all know where Maws stands on Baroness Thatcher and I don't think he is going to change anytime soon.

On a positive note I thought young Milliband did himself proud today with his speech in the House of Commons. Although not a Thatcherite he did have the good grace to acknowledge what she had achieved.

Be nice if some of the rabid left-wingers on here took a leaf out of his book :icon_wink

Last edited:
Does it?

If your parents told you "if you have nothing good or positive to say, then say nothing at all" you obviously missed the point seeing as your sanctimonious post insulted everyone who doesn't share your opinions...which seems pretty ****ing stupid to me.

No it doesn't, try reading it again.

Don't waste your words. I think we all know where Maws stands on Baroness Thatcher

Exactly.

I have no intention of trying to convince anyone that she was a bitch-whore who deserved nothing other than a long, slow, painful death. Likewise, I am not interested in anybody else's opinions on the matter although I was interested enough in one of David's posts to reply to it.

If the fact that I got pissed to celebrate her death offends anybody then they can count up the number of ****s I give about it.

Exactly.

I have no intention of trying to convince anyone that she was a bitch-whore who deserved nothing other than a long, slow, painful death. Likewise, I am not interested in anybody else's opinions on the matter although I was interested enough in one of David's posts to reply to it.

If the fact that I got pissed to celebrate her death offends anybody then they can count up the number of ****s I give about it.

I don't agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it :icon_bigg

Sooooo of all the hideous things that took place under Thatcher, which ones were reversed or returned to their original state under opposition parties whilst in government?

None of them, on a domestic level. You've suffered under Thatcherite governments ever since she left office.

No, if you got pissed that's up to you, but posting on a public forum your joy at her death is at best distasteful, in the middle ignorant and at the extreme offensive at best.

No, if you got pissed that's up to you, but posting on a public forum your joy at her death is at best distasteful, in the middle ignorant and at the extreme offensive at best.

Why the can't I write what I want just because you find it offensive?

You have the right to
a) not read the forum
b) not read the thread
c) not read my posts
d) ignore all the above, get offended

Entering a thread about Thatcher anywhere on the internet is going to open you up to some extreme opinions. You can't act like a sensitive little soul when you read things you don't like.

As I said, catagorise my opinions any way you want, the ****s I give is zero.

Last edited:
None of them, on a domestic level. You've suffered under Thatcherite governments ever since she left office.
Doesn't feel like suffering.

Youd have thought if it was all so ****ing bad and evil, someone might have fixed it back to when it was great. Like the decade of Labour stewardship maybe?

Oh perlease, get over yourself :icon_roll

Last edited:
Doesn't feel like suffering.

Youd have thought if it was all so ****ing bad and evil, someone might have fixed it back to when it was great. Like the decade of Labour stewardship maybe?

Not sure what that has to do with anything

My opinion of that 'decade of Labour stewardship' was a vile, wasteful regime riddled with incompetence, corruption and bare faced lying

It has no relevance to my personal opinion of the truly appalling legacy of the evil wankbitch Thatcher

Not sure what that has to do with anything

My opinion of that 'decade of Labour stewardship' was a vile, wasteful regime riddled with incompetence, corruption and bare faced lying

It has no relevance to my personal opinion of the truly appalling legacy of the evil wankbitch Thatcher

I thought they were opposed to her policies in opposition? So instead of changing it back, they took the same approach and made things even worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669