RIP Thatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
give me your version of how we'd have avoided becoming what Greece is today?

Greece is what it is today as a direct result of the type economic and fiscal policies that she championed

Possibly.. still doesn't answer the question does it? :)

There isn't a simple answer to your simple question, plus hatred of her isn't restricted to her domestic policies and wouldn't be the primary reason on my list.

It is nice to see people getting so worked up about History. Hopefully they will now go and read some books on it .
Some of us don't have to, we lived through it. Apart from what EMC mentioned, and I'm not convinced the dirty coal thing is entirely accurate, especially here in Wales where there are still substantial high quality coal reserves which could be open cast mined, there was rampant inflation as a result of labour's economic mis-management, which fuelled the winter of discontent with rubbish in the streets, helped by the union strangle hold on industry and employment.

The facts are that the heads of the unions weren't prepared to be seen to back down, in particular Scargill, which lead to a head on road traffic accident which caused the closure of more pits, steelworks, shipyards etc than was ever needed.

She wasn't perfect, but I'd have her back in charge tomorrow ahead of any of the current bunch of spineless cheesemongers.

How odd it is that it's those who opposed Thatcher glorying in the death of something while it's her supporters who want everyone to be respectful and show compassion.

Marvelous woman, best PM we've ever had. I might be spending some of my ill deserved benefits celebrating her life later.

God bless you Mrs T.:038:

Last edited:
It'll be a long long time until we see a politician with the balls she had. She was more of a man than Cameron.

From my very limited interest in politics what she did to the trade unions and particularly the NUM was long overdue.

He unions had too much power and were the architects of their own downfall.

If some on here are referring to the Falklands then once again she was not alone in 'creating' the right atmosphere to drive a country to conflict and she certainly doesn't sit alone on that table in this country.

Outside of stopping free school milk, I genuinely don't comprehend the OTT animosity towards her. I would genuinely like to understand it.

I mentioned 2 serious points I have understanding on

1 the miners strike
2 the Falklands war

I made another slightly tongue in cheek comment about the milk snatcher tag. I don't think my question is too ignorant or impolite to ask?

It is nice to see people getting so worked up about History. Hopefully they will now go and read some books on it .

If you think it's history you have obviously never been to Coalville David.

Monumentally ****ed over by one Tory bint and currently being dragged down further by an entire bunch of the backward thinking ****wits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4698
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669