Confirmed Transfer Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he was alright in the end.
Thanks for resurrecting that SF, really enjoyed reading those early comments, a bit similar to some recent ones on our newest additions... Still, very easy with hindsight.

No one could have known what he would bring at that stage, and how could a player so magical be missed by everyone (except us) and cost so little?

It's all been said about Mahrez, but for giving us that season I will forgive him anything, even watched the Charity Shield not giving a shit about City or Chelsea, just to see him play. At his best, best creative player we've ever had, or possibly will have.

Lovely read. I especially liked the bickering over the meaning of olde time sayings amongst the occasional bout of insensibility. It's what keeps me coming back

I wish it was still 2014. The magical madness was all still to come. Also I had more money & lived in a nicer house.

I wholeheartedly want him to tear it up. Hopefully he has stinkers against us but I'd love to see Riyad do the business at one of the biggest clubs in the world. It's almost like it looks good on us if he does well. It sort of cements the notion that he wasn't just a hit for a few (one in particular) seasons at a smaller club like us. It's weird. Kind of like the top clubs always get this hype over their players but if they're at smaller clubs then they're nowhere near as good.

It’s weird, isn’t it?

There’s plenty of people who say to me “ooh that’s a good price you got”, but I want to say no, we should have got more.

So I want him to do well, but I don’t, at the same time.

I'm 50/50. I want him to do well but only as long as it's in La Liga or Serie A, not the PL. Especially not for that bunch of arseholes he's ended up with.

If he went to Juve, Real or Barca & won a CL or two & a fistful of league titles I'd be happy as ****. Then he'd be a world star with his photo in the corridors at the KP wearing the blue. Immortalised for all time along with Banks, Shilton & Lineker. But if he stays in England I want him to fade to obscurity so that when his name comes up in 15 years time it'll only be in association with us. Weird probably but there you go.

I'm 50/50. I want him to do well but only as long as it's in La Liga or Serie A, not the PL. Especially not for that bunch of arseholes he's ended up with.

If he went to Juve, Real or Barca & won a CL or two & a fistful of league titles I'd be happy as ****. Then he'd be a world star with his photo in the corridors at the KP wearing the blue. Immortalised for all time along with Banks, Shilton & Lineker. But if he stays in England I want him to fade to obscurity so that when his name comes up in 15 years time it'll only be in association with us. Weird probably but there you go.

I kind of understand what you're saying but for me Mahrez will always be best known for being part of Leicester's 15/16 Premier League winning team.

Linekar played for Everton and Spurs as well as us in England, why is it that you feel different for Mahrez? Just curious...

I kind of understand what you're saying but for me Mahrez will always be best known for being part of Leicester's 15/16 Premier League winning team.

Linekar played for Everton and Spurs as well as us in England, why is it that you feel different for Mahrez? Just curious...

Mostly because of the different dynamic of the modern game I suppose. He's likely to win so many trophies at the Etihad if he stays there for a few years that it'll end up with us being just that little club where he started. There's really not a lot of logic to the way i feel. It's purely emotional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757