Rob Kelly - stay or go after takeover

Rob Kelly - what should happen to him after takeover?

• Keep RK in current position

Votes: 62 79.5%
  • Keep RK as 1st team coach but bring in director of football

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Get rid and bring in someone new with more experience

Votes: 8 10.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Fox

do people think, since it now looks extremely likely mandaric will buy the club, that we should stick with RK, an unproven inexperienced manager, or get in a big name.

personally i think we should stick with RK, the team spirit, determination and work rate displayed by the players recently has been wonderful to see and something we've been missing for too long. RK has got a small, inexperienced squad doing tremendously well and i think it would be a shame to ditch him.

Why get rid? IMO he's getting the most out of the players, and there's not many other managers who could get more, and their not going to come here at the minute.

Give him time to prove himself and see how he is when he has money to spend

Why get rid? IMO he's getting the most out of the players, and there's not many other managers who could get more, and their not going to come here at the minute.

Give him time to prove himself and see how he is when he has money to spend

Not necessarily a luxury any investor might allow themselves. ;)

Can't actually believe two numpties voted to get rid... have a word with yourselves.

Not a case of getting rid of, but i think most would agree he may need extra help/support, maybe mandy can pass on his experience.
Whilst RK is doing a steady job and he is learning all the while some of his tatics, team selections and substitutions have found wanting

Definately keep RK in for a while, and see what he can do with some money...

as I have siad elsehwere if it is true that he only wants to be assitant manager then why not let him do that role with a new man as main manager.

Curbishley with RK in the Steve Clark, Chris Houghton or Pat Rice type role. ;)

as I have siad elsehwere if it is true that he only wants to be assitant manager then why not let him do that role with a new man as main manager.

Totally agree.
He did'nt rush into the job and is happiest on the training ground. Most quality managers don't train very often..Clough, MON fergie etc I think will the job will be too big not to have a 'manager' ...let RK carry on doing what he does best

What an absolute pile of steaming shite...

Totally agree.
He did'nt rush into the job and is happiest on the training ground. Most quality managers don't train very often..Clough, MON fergie etc I think will the job will be too big not to have a 'manager' ...let RK carry on doing what he does best

,,,,which is managing the club.........

I don't think any fan would happily wish to see RK sacked, especially when you consider how well he has done since his appointment, however this investment / takeover will change the profile and aspirations of this club overnight.

Is Kelly experienced enough and a big enough personality to cope with the added expectation and responsibility.

More importantly is somebody who is willing to invest such a sizeable chunk of their personal fortune prepared to give a relative unknown the opportunity ??

I don't think any fan would happily wish to see RK sacked, especially when you consider how well he has done since his appointment, however this investment / takeover will change the profile and aspirations of this club overnight.

Is Kelly experienced enough and a big enough personality to cope with the added expectation and responsibility.

More importantly is somebody who is willing to invest such a sizeable chunk of their personal fortune prepared to give a relative unknown the opportunity ??

Spot on Poster formerly known as Keep the Faith. ;)

Any c**k who sacks a manager who is 10 games unbeaten (excluding extra time), is up for manager of the month AGAIN and kept us up from a doomed position.... is not wanted by me at this club.

A bit of money and people have delusions of grandeur. Kelly will fail to match the expectaions of the fans because lots of you seem to think a bit of cash and we will rocket up the league to promotion in a year.

Any c**k who sacks a manager who is 10 games unbeaten (excluding extra time), is up for manager of the month AGAIN and kept us up from a doomed position.... is not wanted by me at this club.

A bit of money and people have delusions of grandeur. Kelly will fail to match the expectaions of the fans because lots of you seem to think a bit of cash and we will rocket up the league to promotion in a year.

I am not saying that Kelly should be sacked, but then neither me nor you will have a 25 million pound investment in the football club either. Whoever comes in and invests in the club is going to be looking for a fairly quick return and I would imagine that promotion if not this season will be a must next season, and therefore it will be the new investors belief or lack of in Kelly's ability to deliver long term success that will decide his fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363