Rob Kelly - stay or go after takeover

Rob Kelly - what should happen to him after takeover?

• Keep RK in current position

Votes: 62 79.5%
  • Keep RK as 1st team coach but bring in director of football

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Get rid and bring in someone new with more experience

Votes: 8 10.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall Kelly saying at his appointment that he thought having a director of football was a waste of time. I concur. I know it is a different stratosphere, but do Arsene Wenger or Sir Alex Ferguson have people in such non-jobs. Not to the best of my knowledge.

If kelly is winning games then I wouldnt sack him but then will be the question is he the man to spend a transfer budget, thats the problem with management its not just about coaching its about signing the right players.

There is no way a Director of Football should be employed or forced onto a manager without his whole hearted support and agreement. IMO a manager must succeed or fail on his own initiative, unless he specifically requests or accepts that the appointment of a D of F would assist in the long term benefit of both himself and the club.

Lets face it whoever comes in will want their own man, sacking Kelly straight off is a PR disaster but as soon as a rocky patch arrives, he will be gone.

Last edited:
Can't believe anybody voted for anything other than for RK to stay. Director of Football is a meaningless role, remember Bertie Basset ffs!!!!!!! As for "more experienced" what does that mean, you presumably mean more successful because there's plenty of experienced shit managers out there. So can the 4 who voted for a new manager please tell us who they have in mind, and keep it realistic.

Last edited:
If kelly is winning games then I wouldnt sack him but then will be the question is he the man to spend a transfer budget, thats the problem with management its not just about coaching its about signing the right players.

AGREE.

Needs to stay 100%, but needs developing

Seems to enjoy the security of the training field -coaching.

His use of the transfer market has been very limited and has not really been tested,i decent signing s far but its not all about signings but not getting rid of the deadwood (ok did well on MDV) that are draw on the wage budget.. free their wages to fund others

We seem to have short memories regarding team selection, the first few game they were a joke 6 defenders etc, his hand was forced on many changes + need to kill games not 'hope to hold on' at 1-0

I still think he needs a sprinkling of a spiv like basset, rednapp, big sam type to complete his profile maybe mandy can offer this

:
AGREE.

Needs to stay 100%, but needs developing

Seems to enjoy the security of the training field -coaching.

His use of the transfer market has been very limited and has not really been tested,i decent signing s far but its not all about signings but not getting rid of the deadwood (ok did well on MDV) that are draw on the wage budget.. free their wages to fund others

We seem to have short memories regarding team selection, the first few game they were a joke 6 defenders etc, his hand was forced on many changes + need to kill games not 'hope to hold on' at 1-0

I still think he needs a sprinkling of a spiv like basset, rednapp, big sam type to complete his profile maybe mandy can offer this

well said Norm:038: :038:

Last edited:
I said keep him but bring in a director of Football. Lets face it we are pretty short in terms of backroom staff, and I also don't think it would hurt if he had someone to consult with, taking a bit of pressure off and giving him more time to coach.

I like RK and think he is a good manager, but it wouldn't hurt, nor would it be a sign of weakness to bring in someone to help. I thought it was nice having Ray Graydon helping last year and I think it would be nice having someone in now with a bit of experience and nouse in the transfer market.

There is one downside to this takeover business.. IF MM does eventually buy us, then the expectation from everyone including our fans will be Promotion, and if we dont get it we will be 10 times as disappointed as we are now. At the moment we have no real pressure or ambition, we dont want to get relegated but top half is a more realistic target this season. At the moment it still hurts when we lose but imagine we get new owners some of us might think this could mean we'll buy our way to the premiership but if it doesnt happen then we will be very disappointed each season. (i dont mean buy as in spend £10million each season i mean buy as in spending more then what we have done through the past couple of seasons) So my point is, say for example MM does buy us there will be a higher expectation on RK to get results and get promoted if he doesnt then he will most probably get axed any way.

There is one downside to this takeover business.. IF MM does eventually buy us, then the expectation from everyone including our fans will be Promotion, and if we dont get it we will be 10 times as disappointed as we are now. At the moment we have no real pressure or ambition, we dont want to get relegated but top half is a more realistic target this season. At the moment it still hurts when we lose but imagine we get new owners some of us might think this could mean we'll buy our way to the premiership but if it doesnt happen then we will be very disappointed each season. (i dont mean buy as in spend £10million each season i mean buy as in spending more then what we have done through the past couple of seasons) So my point is, say for example MM does buy us there will be a higher expectation on RK to get results and get promoted if he doesnt then he will most probably get axed any way.

TBH im not bothered about promotion straight away im sure that will come in time, all i want is some quality football at Leicester again.

whatever happens we have got several seasons of missed ambitions to contend with yet, take a f*cking reality pill, this is LCFC, do the past 100 years mean nothing to you?? We will just about make it through from one season to the next and any excitement on offer will be very short lived.
Did anybody expect anything more?
Sort your f uckng sheds out, do you seriously think that this is the start of the great LCFC adventure?? It is in my hairy hole.
Take what we can from it is the best that we can hope for, you poor misguided fools. We're still f*cked

whatever happens we have got several seasons of missed ambitions to contend with yet, take a f*cking reality pill, this is LCFC, do the past 100 years mean nothing to you?? We will just about make it through from one season to the next and any excitement on offer will be very short lived.
Did anybody expect anything more?
Sort your f uckng sheds out, do you seriously think that this is the start of the great LCFC adventure?? It is in my hairy hole.
Take what we can from it is the best that we can hope for, you poor misguided fools. We're still f*cked

Couple of shandys mate? :081:

rk has got to stay he is going well so leave him to it just needs to strengthen squad with some of mms money

:038: Welcome to the happy band of city followers:038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670