Speculation Robbie Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
he cant sign for them as he has missed thieir transfer winow (and they already have the maximum "superstar quota", apparantly there is a link to this source of info somewhere

He could sign for them as LA Galaxy were prepared to release Juan Pablo Ángel. See post #112, the one thats only about 7 above yours.

The deal could well have been done in time, just not announced yet.

Keane going to the MLS as a replacement for the marketing potential of Beckham seems a bit low rent and shows a total lack of desire by MLS, going from a 'world star' player like Becks with global recognition to a guy who is hardly a big draw outside of the UK and Ireland.

Don't forget there is a very large 'Irish', population in America, he could be bigger than you think. No puns please its to obvious.

Keane going to the MLS as a replacement for the marketing potential of Beckham seems a bit low rent and shows a total lack of desire by MLS, going from a 'world star' player like Becks with global recognition to a guy who is hardly a big draw outside of the UK and Ireland.

You have to bear in mind that Beckham going to LA Galaxy was a massive coup and one which LA Galaxy are never likely to repeat again. There are very few world class players that would sign for an American team when arguably still at the height of their career. Whoever they were going to sign as their next big marketing signing was always going to be underwhelming following Beckham.

Last edited:

But there would be a boost in shirt sales in California and surrounding States as the prodigal returned home, having supported them man and boy Keane would be welcomed with open arms.

Don't forget there is a very large 'Irish', population in America, he could be bigger than you think. No puns please its to obvious.

Not too many Irish in LA mate. The boats landed on the East coast - New York, Boston, etc

Just confirmed on SSN ... signed a 2 year contract with LA Galaxy.

This one?

b041089054ee1a6eb2552d7d4823c91f-getty-120100117_normal.jpg

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

“I have always wanted to come and play in MLS so it’s the perfect combination for me and a dream come true." - Robbie Keane #LAGalaxy

I've heard that if we add to the deal a years supply of Guinness and Macky as his personal assistant that he would change his mind and come to City

You're quite correct Mo, this is all true, and the club were actually up for agreeing these extra terms.
Unfortunately, Robbie didn't trust me with that amount of Guinness and pulled out of the deal. So, it's actually all my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669