Speculation Robbie Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Lako

Yes as Beighton comments - I too was looking at the wider picture and guess that Keene is at a point in his career when overall lifestyle is more important than the respective merits of the Championship and the MLS.

As someone Leicester born and bred but who has visited California, I'm going to have to concede that if i had young kids then Leicester wouldn't win that contest with LA. It may be uprooting them to another country but they sort of speak the same language - tho' there are quite a lot of Spanish as a first language speakers - but overall there's going to be better leisure, probably better opportunities and easier money for the player himself.

Dear Redditch

What on earth makes you think Keane would move to Leicester?

Dear sirs.

Robbie Keane once scored against Leicester. I cried.

Now he prefers Los Angeles California. Hollywood is also in California. They have golden stars on the streets. Robbie prefers this to the golden mile of Melton Road.

Now he has made me cry for a second time.

Oh well. Leicester City Football Club will just have to find someone with something to prove who is hungry instead.

Yours faithfully

Silverfoxy woxy

From what I've been reading, the MLS transfer window shuts at midnight today.

Sven just doesn't seem fussed about sorting a striker out though, hopefully get one in time for Christmas.

Sven just doesn't seem fussed about sorting a striker out though, hopefully get one in time for Christmas.

Have you even been reading the Mercury for the past 3 weeks? There's been an interview every other day saying he is after several strikers but has been put to ransom/is waiting on/has missed out on several targets.

Last edited:
Dear Redditch

What on earth makes you think Keane would move to Leicester?

I wasn't factoring in to my comparison any thoughts that Keane might be considering settling in Beaumont Leys and sending his kids to the local comp (notthat there is anything wrong with Beaumont Leys - obviously).

I was comparing the respective opportunities for Keane and the family keane in moving to Southern California and the alternatives if he signed for us.

Naturally, I am convinced that if he did move (transfer not necessarily habitation) to Leicester then he would appreciate that it is a very wonderful city and regret that he had not spent his entire career wearing the shirt.

I wasn't factoring in to my comparison any thoughts that Keane might be considering settling in Beaumont Leys and sending his kids to the local comp (notthat there is anything wrong with Beaumont Leys - obviously).

I was comparing the respective opportunities for Keane and the family keane in moving to Southern California and the alternatives if he signed for us.

Naturally, I am convinced that if he did move (transfer not necessarily habitation) to Leicester then he would appreciate that it is a very wonderful city and regret that he had not spent his entire career wearing the shirt.

There is, it's a shithole. I know, I live there.

SSN are saying that LA Galaxy have agreed a fee with Spurs.

SSN are saying that LA Galaxy have agreed a fee with Spurs.

Juan Pablo Ángel, the player LA Galaxy would have to drop in order for Keane to come in was reportedly not at their training session today. All these reports are pointing towards a deal being sorted in time.

Yet another one we miss out on.....

Quite clear if he moves to LA, then its about money, not the quality of the football he wants to play. He's 31 he wants a big pay day, just so he can stack up his not inconsiderable millions already in the bank a little bit higher, if thats his sole motivation we are better off without him.

Quite clear if he moves to LA, then its about money, not the quality of the football he wants to play. He's 31 he wants a big pay day, just so he can stack up his not inconsiderable millions already in the bank a little bit higher, if thats his sole motivation we are better off without him.

Agreed

he cant sign for them as he has missed thieir transfer winow (and they already have the maximum "superstar quota", apparantly there is a link to this source of info somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669