Speculation Robbie Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane would be a fantastic signing at this level. He would do the same job as Yakubo and score as many goals. I can't see it happening though.

Would be an amazing signing if we can get him, however I am concerned this could be a ploy by his agent to try and drum up some last minute interest from premiership clubs

Keane would be a fantastic signing at this level. He would do the same job as Yakubo and score as many goals. I can't see it happening though.

Ditto although I think his goals tally would be fewer. Always been a fan and it seems he gets messed around a lot position-wise by managers.

Quality player but is he up for it, only time will tell.

What a complete lack of ambition.

So is this permo or loan? I've got no problem with either provided the price is right for a permanent switch. Don't want to be paying loads for a 31 year old. I'd imagine he would be excellent to have in this league so it would be a bit of a coup if we do get him in.
Sorry Shaun, I don't know how old you are but 31 is not old. When I was 31 I had SO much energy I was probably at my peak. And experience at that age is phenomenal. We underestimate players at this stage, I am not a massive Robbie Keane fan but I do believe he still has a lot to offer.

Would be an amazing signing if we can get him, however I am concerned this could be a ploy by his agent to try and drum up some last minute interest from premiership clubs

I think you're right - i'm sure some of the Premiership bottom feeders Bolton, Wigan, Stoke, Blackburn, will be alerted

Wigan just had a $3.5 million offer turned down for Peter Odeminwenger, so they may turn their attention to Robbie and steal him from under our noses

Maybe being a boyhood Leicester fan may give us the edge and persuade Robbie to 'come home'?

Sorry Shaun, I don't know how old you are but 31 is not old. When I was 31 I had SO much energy I was probably at my peak. And experience at that age is phenomenal. We underestimate players at this stage, I am not a massive Robbie Keane fan but I do believe he still has a lot to offer.

Sorry, but didn't you know that we should never sign anybody above the age of 30. That seems to be the general rule.

Les Ferdinand was class for us in the twilight of his career but was a different type of player i.e. could hold the ball up, pass to a colleague and also score the odd vital goal. Collymore was also a special type of player but different. KEANE used to be at his best running onto a ball at speed and then used to finish with aplomb admittedly. However, without the right player to thread a ball through, accepting the fact that his speed has gone, bearing in mind he didn't pull up many trees for West Ham last year (they don't seem too keen, pardon the pun, to get him back in a hurry), together with zero sell on value means that for me that IF Spurs want £3M for him and he would no doubt want big wages, he isn't worth the trouble. You might as well get the Yak back who to some extent has proved himself as a goalscorer here, would cost less, could probably still do a job in the Premiership should we get promoted, he's younger and his attributes arn't based on speed, he's a poacher+.

Cheers.

Is that serious or a pisstake?

Of course it is serious. Everyone knows he's supported City, man and boy, and he credits us for giving him the inspiration to write songs for Boyzone. For a man that also invented the coat hanger, he's achieved so much in his life and it will be great to have this Leicester Legend back home.

BBC has just said that Robbie will sign for LA Galaxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669