Speculation Robbie Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
So is this permo or loan? I've got no problem with either provided the price is right for a permanent switch. Don't want to be paying loads for a 31 year old. I'd imagine he would be excellent to have in this league so it would be a bit of a coup if we do get him in.

The fact that the figure 3 with six zeroes after it has cropped into the conversation suggests that it is not a loan.

TornadoShaunUK

Good stuff, I couldn't be bothered to check the rest of the thread and it doesn't give any indication of the type of deal in the news articles I have read about it. £3m I'd say is a fair price and I'd be happy if we got him for that.

Profondo Rosso

The bit in the rumour mill in the Guardian made me laugh.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/12/arsenal-jadson-transfer-rumour-mill

It is a little known fact that when he was growing up in Dublin, Robert – he's 31, too old to still be calling himself "Robbie" – Keane had posters of Gordon Banks, Gary Lineker and Ade Akinbiyi on his bedroom wall. Now Keane's dreams are set to become a reality. A boyhood fan of Leicester City, the Irish striker is going to hotfoot it out of White Hart Lane and join Sven-Goran Eriksson's side for £3m

:icon_lol:

Redditch Fox

You presume that Tottenham would be happy with this. I don't think they would be.

I agree. Keane is at a stage in his career where his value is on the dip - if Tottenham want to re-coup some serious money then they will want to sell if they can asap rather than loan out a diminishing asset.

Possibly his big wages have turned off potential buyers this summer so I guess that he will need to lower his expectations. Its the owners business how much they pay their employees but £80k weekly is over £4m per annum and that is not going to happen.

Miles Away

Possible, of course, that Spurs would use much of the transfer money to pay off Keane's wages so that he would be willing to move to us for significantly less than 80K a week.

If we give him 25K a week, and Spurs give him a payoff to cover the remaining 55K per week out of our transfer fee (numbers pulled from my own arse). Then Spurs have moved the player off the books and opened up valuable wages.

That's how I'd structure the deal anyway. But I know basically nothing about how these things work so feel free to disregard.

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Possible, of course, that Spurs would use much of the transfer money to pay off Keane's wages so that he would be willing to move to us for significantly less than 80K a week.

If we give him 25K a week, and Spurs give him a payoff to cover the remaining 55K per week out of our transfer fee (numbers pulled from my own arse). Then Spurs have moved the player off the books and opened up valuable wages.

That's how I'd structure the deal anyway. But I know basically nothing about how these things work so feel free to disregard.

That is almost certainly how a deal would be structured, although I would expect our part of the 'contribution' to have to be more than 25k a week.

Miles Away

That is almost certainly how a deal would be structured, although I would expect our part of the 'contribution' to have to be more than 25k a week.

Yeah. I ran the numbers and 3M would only pay off a year if we contributed 25K. Either way, Mr. Keane made a lot of money from his "failed" move to Anfield.

Wombat

that made me laugh... the only time Leicester fans put up posters of Ade Akinbiyi was to throw darts into!

Interesting to see Robbie was a boyhood Leicester fan

DillyDing22

The bit in the rumour mill in the Guardian made me laugh.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/12/arsenal-jadson-transfer-rumour-mill

It is a little known fact that when he was growing up in Dublin, Robert – he's 31, too old to still be calling himself "Robbie" – Keane had posters of Gordon Banks, Gary Lineker and Ade Akinbiyi on his bedroom wall. Now Keane's dreams are set to become a reality. A boyhood fan of Leicester City, the Irish striker is going to hotfoot it out of White Hart Lane and join Sven-Goran Eriksson's side for £3m

:icon_lol:

Is that serious or a pisstake?

SJN-Fox

From Twitter ...
BertLcfc LcfcInfoMan
Robbie Keane is SUPPOSEDLY going to be watching the #lcfc v reading game at the KP stadium tomorrow.

homer

Incredible, exciting stuff

Let's all moan about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675