Speculation Robbie Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
£80,000 a week? You're having a giraffe. I'd rather stick Schlupp in there.

His goal scoring record at Celtic tells me that he still has enough left to score 20 goals for us. 12 in 16 in a league a similar standard to ours will do for me. Get him in Sven!

We got two great seasons out of Les Ferdinand in the twilight of his career....

I loved Sir Les when he was here, but we certainly didn't get two great seasons out of him.

Last edited:
£80,000 a week? You're having a giraffe. I'd rather stick Schlupp in there.

The fact he's stated he's prepared to drop in to our division suggests he understands he won't get paid £80k a week.

I loved Sir Les when he was here, but we certainly didn't get two great seasons out of him.

We don't normally go for facts or reality on this forum - but your'e right - essentially we got one season out of Les. There isn't any real comparison either - Ferdinand was about 6 years older than Keane is now. Ferdinand came here to play a largely cameo role - Keane could still be a frontline striker for a few more seasonsif he could recover his confidence.

We don't normally go for facts or reality on this forum - but your'e right - essentially we got one season out of Les. There isn't any real comparison either - Ferdinand was about 6 years older than Keane is now. Ferdinand came here to play a largely cameo role - Keane could still be a frontline striker for a few more seasonsif he could recover his confidence.

There was nothing "essentially" about it. He was here for one season and he was great for us in that season.

Get him in, my number 1 option.

Whilst away on international duty earlier in the week, Keane admitted his future appears to lie away from Spurs, but said he is confident a Premier League club would be interested,

"There are a couple of weeks left in the transfer window and it is likely I will be going but at the moment I don't have the answer as to where," said Keane ahead of his nation's 0-0 draw against Croatia.

"The club has to agree a fee and I am not being disrespectful to the Championship teams but if I have got the option of a Premier League club I am obviously going to take that. There has been no talk from a Championship team so that is where we stand at the moment."

Last edited:
The fact he's stated he's prepared to drop in to our division suggests he understands he won't get paid £80k a week.

He will be compensated for that with a pay-out from Tottenham.

Unreal. How much of the 80k are you stumping up? If none, why do you care?

No disrespect to you beights but fans ALWAYS end up paying whether its 50p extra for a pint, programme or pie or 1-season shirts the fans do end up paying for transfers/wages to some degree

I'd be worried about Keane's hunger levels if I were Sven. As for E-Blake, he's deffo not hungry.

Given several factors wouldn't this be more logical as a loan move for 6 months with an agreed price to buy in Jan, assuming all parties are happy to then convert to perm
Then in Jan:
a) We know whether it is more likely that we will go up, to make it perm with associated weekly wage
b) Keane knows if it is more likely he will get Prem footy with us next season
c) Gives us another 6 months to look at alternatives should the loan not be working out
d) If Maynard stays at Bristol, we can go in with a much lower bid then

Superb technique, played for some of the biggest clubs in Europe and a goalscorer. I've always rated him.

He has seemed out of sorts recently and perhaps has lost a step but if Sven can get him back to what he is capable of we would have a wonderfully skillful player on the books.

To moan about signing someone of Keane's pedigree is absolute madness.

Given several factors wouldn't this be more logical as a loan move for 6 months with an agreed price to buy in Jan, assuming all parties are happy to then convert to perm
Then in Jan:
a) We know whether it is more likely that we will go up, to make it perm with associated weekly wage
b) Keane knows if it is more likely he will get Prem footy with us next season
c) Gives us another 6 months to look at alternatives should the loan not be working out
d) If Maynard stays at Bristol, we can go in with a much lower bid then

You presume that Tottenham would be happy with this. I don't think they would be.

So is this permo or loan? I've got no problem with either provided the price is right for a permanent switch. Don't want to be paying loads for a 31 year old. I'd imagine he would be excellent to have in this league so it would be a bit of a coup if we do get him in.

He could be rubbish.
He could be great and score 24 goals.

There's only one way to find out, Let's do it.

Unreal. How much of the 80k are you stumping up? If none, why do you care?

You have your opinion. I have mine.

In mine, it's absolute madness to pay someone, who no other club seems to want, nearly £1000 per minute to play a game of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669