Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Lincolnshire

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Cumberland

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I also think deep down in his guts he knows he’s ****ed it

I actually think he might resign before that happens.

I think he'll want to be sacked, and would clearly much rather that for the payout (don't blame him for that, who wouldn't?!)

But I actually think his ego would win out eventually - rather lose the payoff than have our relegation on his CV. But that will probably happen when it's more or less inevitable and peace us far too late.

I actually think he might resign before that happens.

I think he'll want to be sacked, and would clearly much rather that for the payout (don't blame him for that, who wouldn't?!)

But I actually think his ego would win out eventually - rather lose the payoff than have our relegation on his CV. But that will probably happen when it's more or less inevitable and peace us far too late.

This is the most optimistic post on here in years. I hope you're right. I think he's got all his excuses in already and will laugh all the way to the bank when he gets that pay off he's put so much effort in to achieve.

The thing is, you could put Rodgers in charge of any of our relegation rivals and he'd keep them up.

He has the ability to make a difference when he comes into a club.

However just like at Liverpool and Celtic (according to fans that said it was going wrong towards the end) he cannot sustain it.

It was obvious last summer that the club and manager were on totally different pages. You either back him with what he wants or you change manager and we did neither.

So we end up with a manager out of ideas leading a tired and unbalanced squad. Alongside this we've spent years watching strong characters leave and be replaced by quiet, confidence driven, weaklings.

Top, Rudkin and Whelan. The three fecking morons that have seen all this and done absolutely nothing. They are far more at fault here than any player or manager.
You’re very quick to judge without knowing the full facts
To the point , you’ve become ****ing boring

This is the most optimistic post on here in years. I hope you're right. I think he's got all his excuses in already and will laugh all the way to the bank when he gets that pay off he's put so much effort in to achieve.

I'm not saying it will be easy - I think it will be a battle of stubbornness. But if we don't sack him he'll go before the final game.

You’re very quick to judge without knowing the full facts
To the point , you’ve become ****ing boring

Love you too.

I make judgements based on what evidence is available. I'm sure that there is plenty we don't know.

Unfortunately I support a club that refuses to engage with its fans through anyone other than a media trained, say nothing, manager.

Top, Rudkin and Whelan refuse point blank to be questioned by any journalist on anything to do with the club. They've all been asked many, many times this season by every kind of journalist and they've said no to each one.

For that alone, I'd argue that they shouldn't be in their positions. If they don't want to communicate, they're in the wrong roles. It's an appalling act of arrogance towards supporters.

Winges about money, then every player he buys goes to shit within a month. Maybe its the coaching, tactics and complete failure to instill any confidence, belief or desire into your players you hapless ****wit?

He has to go, one way or another, he could never orchestrate a Great Escape. We'd be better off paying Bristol City a few million just to borrow Pearson until the end of the season, while we look for a replacement manager. He could coach the U21s, make tea, it doesn't matter, anything to get him away from the "coaching" the team. There are other problems in the club, but this is the most serious one.

He has to go, one way or another, he could never orchestrate a Great Escape. We'd be better off paying Bristol City a few million just to borrow Pearson until the end of the season, while we look for a replacement manager. He could coach the U21s, make tea, it doesn't matter, anything to get him away from the "coaching" the team. There are other problems in the club, but this is the most serious one.
I’d love to see Rodgers humiliated like that but sadly life doesn’t work like that.

Imagine trusting our board to make a decent appointment.

Useless ****s

Everton winning today would be another kick. I agree that as long as we focus on us blah blah blah we'll have the best chance of survival but it's all relative and when everyone sort of wins sometimes, there are no clear "shit team" and that's a massive ****ing problem.

We could've put our heads down and gone out ballsy and beaten Southampton then they'd have been the aforementioned shit team with 18 points. We'd have been 9 points clear of them and at least five points clear of relegation. But no not in David Brent's world. He's just had to overcomplicated things.

We have no mettle, no bollocks and no creativity. Neither us nor him want to have relegation so we need to focus together and survive then he leaves by mutual consent with a partial pay-off.

The only way this manager gets the sack will be via the fans, the board have no intention of getting rid, demonstrations need to happen in order to wake the board up. If we do not sack him now we are down "do not pass go, do not collect 200".

We need a new set of ideas, a new energy about the club, a new manager will provide this and will get us the points we need to be safe. At the moment I would accept my Grandma for the job, that is how desperate things have become!

On the BBC:

'Brendan Rodgers says he respects the opinions of the club's fans after some chanted for his sacking in a defeat by Southampton'.

"Listen, I respect the opinions and that's what the game is about.

"I never take any support from the board for granted, I just do my best with what I have."

He added: "I respect that they [the fans] have paid their money, travelled a long way and they will be disappointed.

"My message is just to stay with the players, they have given everything and they are going to need the supporters."

So, don't boo the players please. I'll take it like a man when The Board sack me later this week.

The only way this manager gets the sack will be via the fans, the board have no intention of getting rid, demonstrations need to happen in order to wake the board up. If we do not sack him now we are down "do not pass go, do not collect 200".

We need a new set of ideas, a new energy about the club, a new manager will provide this and will get us the points we need to be safe. At the moment I would accept my Grandma for the job, that is how desperate things have become!

Ok, but besides your grandma, who else do you think could save us from this certain doom? (which on an aside those stupid bookies are offering 6/1).

Ok, but besides your grandma, who else do you think could save us from this certain doom? (which on an aside those stupid bookies are offering 6/1).
This is the problem I would have gone for Sean Dyche but alas that ship has sailed, the decision required to be taken is, do we put a firefighter in until the end of the season or a permanent person on a 3 year deal?

For me I would like to see us go for Tony Mowbray or Mark Robbins both like to play progressive attacking football and have done well at their clubs considering the resources available to them, both have good standing in the game and I believe they would do well.

Heckingbottom, Billic and Corberan would be on my list of people to interview I hope for the love of god we go nowhere near the names that get touted consistently and have fail on a regular basis. We are an amazing vibrant club that should attract a great many managers, I know most would prefer Poch but I am unsure if the Chairman can afford it at this moment in time.

We Must go back to taking risk on players that are hungry for success with a point to prove, if we are after big players then we need a manager with real clout, I think Chelsea are testament to this, The players are going out of their way to sack him, too many egos for me.

Wicked problem but a good problem for us to have moving forwards.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563