Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
All managers are shit or brilliant or somewhere in between.

Erm, they may all be shit at some point, but I wouldn't say they were all considered brilliant at some point in their career - or indeed anything other than always being totally and utterly shit

e.g. McLintock

Erm, they may all be shit at some point, but I wouldn't say they were all considered brilliant at some point in their career - or indeed anything other than always being totally and utterly shit

e.g. McLintock
Well to be fair, I didn’t say all three could apply to all managers. Just that some are shit, some are brilliant, and some are neither. Essentially, there’s the best and the worst, and everyone else is somewhere in between shit and brilliant.

What I’m getting at is my whole post was a meaningless truism.

Personally think the lockdown came at the wrong time for us (is there a right time)
At the Villa game we were looking good. Getting a bit of confidence back.
How things have gone since the restart, I reckon some players are glad there aren’t any fans in the stadium
The Villa game was just one good performance against a raft of shit ones, like the Sheff Utd match.

At the time I thought the lockdown came at the right time, allowing us to reset and almost start afresh like it’s a new season. Anything to try to stop the rot. But alas no, the shitfest continued, hence why I’m concerned going into next season.

I'm genuinely not even that bothered having this argument.
It's a completely different one to the original anyway so I'm glad we both agree that it's largely pointless. It seems you are incapable of seeing the difference even though you wrote it down! Very, very strange.

How about Rodgers first 3 months here Vs Ancelottis first 3 months at Everton?
How about them? No.1: Again, this wasn't the argument I was making, it stems from a simple post about an idiotic phrase that has been truncated down to a comparison between two managers, something I couldn't give two hoots about so I can't be bothered to engage with it anymore.

No.2: Forgive me for not taking posts about management seriously from someone who spent months telling us how good Puel was and that we should have kept him.

No. 3: I still don't have a shiny fart of a clue what in the gibbons a us you were talking about in the post I've responded to.

The Villa game was just one good performance against a raft of shit ones, like the Sheff Utd match.

At the time I thought the lockdown came at the right time, allowing us to reset and almost start afresh like it’s a new season. Anything to try to stop the rot. But alas no, the shitfest continued, hence why I’m concerned going into next season.
whilst yes the Villa game was an outlier we've all seen how one game can swing/turn a season and I agree with H T B H T B the Villa game felt like a "get right" game at the time and I believe we would have cruised the rest of the season into a comfortable top 4 finish

he'll survive but if this was a normal summer that Peter Taylor type of collapse would have me telling him to clear his desk and get someone like Bielsa in, who is out of contract at Leeds

Get rid.

Loser mentality who can’t handle the pressure. It’s no surprise his Liverpool team bottled it. No wonder he went to Celtic under zero pressure.

14 points clear to 4 points adrift. Unforgivable bottle job.

Crazy line ups, substitutions and formations.

He can’t come back from this.

It's all too Peter Taylor for me. Had we not ****ed up games against watford, Bournemouth and such like we'd be going into next season full of confidence. Our injured players didn't look overly "meh, we're just Leicester" today. How many will want to play in the Euro thing if bigger teams want them as a started/sub with CL on the table?

It's all too Peter Taylor for me. Had we not ****ed up games against watford, Bournemouth and such like we'd be going into next season full of confidence. Our injured players didn't look overly "meh, we're just Leicester" today. How many will want to play in the Euro thing if bigger teams want them as a started/sub with CL on the table?

It's got all the hallmarks of Taylor. We wasted a summer with him thinking that it would change when there was no rational reason to suggest it would, and we all know how that turned out. There is nothing to suggest that this fella will turn our form or attitude around, or learn a damn thing from this season. He was sacked the season after he bottled it at Liverpool and the same will almost certainly happen here. So why waste a summer and a transfer window on him?

It's got all the hallmarks of Taylor. We wasted a summer with him thinking that it would change when there was no rational reason to suggest it would, and we all know how that turned out. There is nothing to suggest that this fella will turn our form or attitude around, or learn a damn thing from this season. He was sacked the season after he bottled it at Liverpool and the same will almost certainly happen here. So why waste a summer and a transfer window on him?

When fans start saying "give him the first 10 games" etc it's time to **** it off IMO. The thing is I'd expect the likes of Spurs, Arsenal etc to strengthen. Chelsea and Manure already have. This season was a much bigger opportunity than next IMO and wherever we manage to finish will be worse than this one. Wasn't he also supposed to try and win a cup? Pretty sure that was a target since overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669