Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
just heard him on 5 live a lot of words to say nothing

“we are disappointed and squandered a great chance to play champions league football. We have to take a serious look at ourselves to ensure we haven’t suffered irreparable damage”

wasn’t that was it?

If people start suggesting, or even thinking, bring back Pearson then that is more insane or ludicrous than any substitution we have seen recently.
I’d take anyone with a winning mentality, who doesn’t shit his pants on the big occasion.

We had half a season of title winning form.

Maybe we’re not as shit as some of us think we are.
Or perhaps it was a combination of some excellent form for us combined with the timing of a few of the so called bigger clubs in a transitional period.

I don't think we are shit at all but I cannot honestly say we are better than any of the teams above us.

That doesn't mean I don't think we can't ever be as good or better, or beat them on our day, but honestly speaking 5th is probably about right for us.

Gutting given the start we had but I think it is about correct overall.

Or perhaps it was a combination of some excellent form for us combined with the timing of a few of the so called bigger clubs in a transitional period.

I don't think we are shit at all but I cannot honestly say we are better than any of the teams above us.

That doesn't mean I don't think we can't ever be as good or better, or beat them on our day, but honestly speaking 5th is probably about right for us.

I don't think we're particularly great. But given the lead we'd built up it should have been enough. Our relegation form is massively concerning because we may not have a top 4 squad but i wouldn't say we've got a bottom 5/6 either? Momentum can be key.

I'm far from Pearson's biggest fan but this collapse doesn't happen under him without players paying for it with their place in the side and we damn sure would have had more depth from January even if it was a couple of loan signings.

Top does seem to be more ruthless then his late father but I wonder how ruthless he is?

I think he's more considered personally. We won't sack Rodgers any time soon IMO. Even sacking Puel seemed a bit of a last resort type thing reading what TOP said in the matchday programme after the sacking at the time. I'm not Rodgers biggest fan but sacking a manager that has just got us into Europe would be incredibly foolish.

I don't think we're particularly great. But given the lead we'd built up it should have been enough. Our relegation form is massively concerning because we may not have a top 4 squad but i wouldn't say we've got a bottom 5/6 either? Momentum can be key.
Well we're not in relegation form, bottom half it may be but relegation form it is not.

Sacking Rodgers will cost a fortune. It won't happen IMO. We'll go into next season just as tepid and gamble. Dusty Bin takes over for 3 games before we spunk even more money on bringing Poch in to also have a loser mentality.

Ah, so when we were shit we were 'in transition'. When we were good, the top teams were 'in transition'. Are we back 'in transition' now?

That ****ing phrase needs banning from this place.

In Rodgers defence, we are 8th or 9th in terms of budget, so inevitably we are going to have weak spots in the squad and poor depth.

When our form dropped, his options to change things were old and slowing or young, unproven and inconsistent. We don't have a squad strong enough to cope with drops in form or injuries.

Whoever is manager, if our owners genuinely want to compete at the top, or even get Europa regularly then they will need to spend more.

This doesn't completely absolve Rodgers who has made some strange decisions, and IMO could have done better if he was braver and more positive. (today was the perfect example)

Ah, so when we were shit we were 'in transition'. When we were good, the top teams were 'in transition'. Are we back 'in transition' now?

That ****ing phrase needs banning from this place.

Well Chelsea and Man Utd are both a lot more consistent now than at the start of the season.......

I think of us as still a work in progress under BR, he would have been expected to get us in the top 4 in his third full season, constantly improving in the meantime.

We've improved our league position considerably from last season so I'd say overall, we are on track for that.

Even if this end to the season was massively disappointing.

He shit himself at Christmas and then pissed away a ****ing fifteen point lead to finish four points behind fourth spot FFS

A ****ing hopeless squandering of an unassailable position by a clueless gutless coward of a Manager

It’ll cost a ****ing squliion to get rid of the twat but it would be worth every single ****ing penny

First things first. We cannot sack BR. He's delivered on his brief to get us into the top six and a place in Europe. He's done so having spent net nothing in the transfer market too.

That said, he has shown us all some pretty massive flaws in his management. And the really concerning point is that the players have had a front row seat for it. Will he get the respect from them when he talks the talk before matches next season now? I seriously have my doubts.

This is a massive summer for City but also for the career of BR. If we end up lower mid table in November and Top puts him out of his misery, he's not going to get the big job that he craves so much is he? It's back to the Swansea's and the Watford's of this world for him.

We have to roll the dice that this period can be overcome with better days. His record as a manager in Europe is shockingly bad. He needs to see us through our Europa League group easily whilst rotating sensibly and picking up league points. Anything else, and I'll be screaming for his head.

First things first. We cannot sack BR. He's delivered on his brief to get us into the top six and a place in Europe. He's done so having spent net nothing in the transfer market too.

That said, he has shown us all some pretty massive flaws in his management. And the really concerning point is that the players have had a front row seat for it. Will he get the respect from them when he talks the talk before matches next season now? I seriously have my doubts.

This is a massive summer for City but also for the career of BR. If we end up lower mid table in November and Top puts him out of his misery, he's not going to get the big job that he craves so much is he? It's back to the Swansea's and the Watford's of this world for him.

We have to roll the dice that this period can be overcome with better days. His record as a manager in Europe is shockingly bad. He needs to see us through our Europa League group easily whilst rotating sensibly and picking up league points. Anything else, and I'll be screaming for his head.
Given the caveat, I think you'll be screaming for his head.

I think what grinds my gears the most is next season I'd take 7th or so. Other teams should improve and revert to normal. If he's in charge or anyone else I'd accept a finish lower than where we've got this season. It's been a massive waste of an opportunity.

I think what grinds my gears the most is next season I'd take 7th or so. Other teams should improve and revert to normal. If he's in charge or anyone else I'd accept a finish lower than where we've got this season. It's been a massive waste of an opportunity.
I agree. I suppose when we won the league other teams thought exactly the same.

I’m not in favour of changing leadership every ten minutes so I’m not in the Brendan out camp, but I should like to refer you all to my pre-Brendan posts about the prospect of City hiring Brendan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669