Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we were shit against the top 4... shit against the bottom 3 and shit against the North London pair...
How did we end up fifth?

So we were shit against the top 4... shit against the bottom 3 and shit against the North London pair...
How did we end up fifth?

Because the league as a whole is ****ing woeful

Because the league as a whole is ****ing woeful
You have just stated that the Premier League is woeful. That is, the league that is one of the best in the world, full of elite athletes, with incredible levels of skill that would make the average man look terrible. Wow.

You have just stated that the Premier League is woeful. That is, the league that is one of the best in the world, full of elite athletes, with incredible levels of skill that would make the average man look terrible. Wow.

Well done.

Imo the PL is currently very poor compared to previous years when outside the top 2.

We've just finished 5th with an embarrassing record over the last 6 months.

Half the league could have gone down because they are so scared of losing they don't even try to win.

It's shit

Well done.

Imo the PL is currently very poor compared to previous years when outside the top 2.

We've just finished 5th with an embarrassing record over the last 6 months.

Half the league could have gone down because they are so scared of losing they don't even try to win.

It's shit
In my opinion, your statement is the kind of overreaction you see when a fan is disappointed with their own teams performances. I wonder if you said the same when we won the league? Were you rejoicing at our success whilst also reminding everyone that the league was shit? Fans use these kinds of derogatory comments far too easily. We need to remind ourselves that we are watching elite performers and 'freaks of nature' (in the nicest possible sense). None of this is 'shit', 'woeful' or 'very poor' but it is most certainly disappointing and frustrating on a regular basis.

Also, just as a reminder, we have just experienced the most bizarre ending to a season ever. The players were required to play a ridiculous amount of football in a short space of time. I think the time to make a true judgement will be next season - if it is a normal one! If we start as we have just finished the season then so be it - Rodgers will seriously need to answer some questions.

BBC website running a poll for premier league manager of the year Brendan is one of five selected but you only have until 12:00pm to vote

BBC website running a poll for premier league manager of the year Brendan is one of selected but you only have until 12:00pm to vote

He came last with 2% of the vote

The question is if we start as poorly as we have finished how long will Top's patience last? if I was given 5th place at the start of the season I would have said that it would have been an outstanding season however, to blow a lead in the manner that we did is concerning.

COVID has really clouded the issue IMO, prior to lockdown we were awful and I think we would have fallen away rapidly if the season had continued unabated, I also think Man Utd would have been nowhere near the top 4. The proof in the pudding will be how BR and his staff recruit before the season starts, there is no doubt he has improved Nacho this season and he is a good coach. I would like BR to be more positive towards the top 6 teams and to allow the players to go direct when required.

I think he will be given until November.

Working on changing the mentality is even more important in my opinion than working on new signings.

No bottles allowed at the training ground next season - all drinks must be in Tetra Pak cartons instead.

That'll show everyone else we mean business rather than a quality winger!

BBC website running a poll for premier league manager of the year Brendan is one of five selected but you only have until 12:00pm to vote
Klopp
Wilder
Dyche
Santo
Hassenhuttl
Mourinho

...should all be above Brendan for me. Potentially Potter too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363