Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. To annoy you.
So if you take the 38 matches (whole season, of course) using the end point you were:

60 points in 38 matches, which is about 1.6 points per game. Lo and behold that's about what we averaged over the season and whilst we were hugely frutstrated not to get that CL spot, still a good season.

Don't understand the vitriol for Brendan. He makes mistakes, certainly - but there are very few managers who never make a mistake.
I think he's doing OK especially considering our injuries. It would be nice to be doing better but there are at least 18 other clubs in the leagues who could be 'doing better'.

I expect because the Villa Park match was the end of our good form last season. Valid point to count from, honestly.
Exactly the reason. It was because we'd won 8 matches in as row beforehand.
I don't understand why we don't win every week. It's not like anyone else is coaching players or trying to win

This is has been and continues to be an unusual and difficult time for footballers too. The effects of lockdown on their routines and training, the shorter preseason, the lack of fans. most teams have suffered injuries, put in some below-par performances and had some poor results.

Add to that that we have had more than the average long term injuries to first-team players, 4 of our first choice defensive unit out and have extra games in Europe, and still we are coping with the situation better than most teams, and actually exceeding what would be realistic expectations in a normal season (we are 4th). Clearly Brendan and the team are doing something right!

It’s silly to discuss the 8 in a row as anything other than a fluke as we’ve never done it before.

I’m sure some think I only post in this thread when we lose...

Tonight’s Brendan is one that I can get along with. He wasn’t arrogant or stubborn enough to refuse to change something that was blatantly obvious wasn’t working, unlike in previous matches.

We have such a talented group of players and tonight we got the best out of them. Round circles in round holes is the way forward.

And for that he deserves credit.

Borrowed from Geoff Peters :

#STAT Brendan Rodgers has won more Premier League points with Leicester than Claudio Ranieri and in quicker time. Ranieri: 102pts in 63 matches | GD+13 Rodgers: 103pts in 60 matches | GD+43

I’m sure some think I only post in this thread when we lose...

Tonight’s Brendan is one that I can get along with. He wasn’t arrogant or stubborn enough to refuse to change something that was blatantly obvious wasn’t working, unlike in previous matches.

We have such a talented group of players and tonight we got the best out of them. Round circles in round holes is the way forward.

And for that he deserves crediT

Well said 1607975378880.png

He really does come out with some shit.

As I've always said, and this is the first time I've said this, Rodgers is the best manager we've ever had, a tactical genius, clueless, and we should get rid pronto and get that Italian bloke Contrari in.

I’m not calling for his head but I am saying IF Rodgers was to go - Tuchel would be an interesting replacement. Is my opinion.

I’m not calling for his head but I am saying IF Rodgers was to go - Tuchel would be an interesting replacement. Is my opinion.
I'd rather have that Klopp fella, pretty sure we could get him out of that tiny backwater he's currently working in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757