Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another trophy opportunity gone. I wonder if Rodgers is starting to feel the pressure.
Yeah that’s our chance of winning the British Summer Time treble gone.

FA Cup, Bass Cup and Community Shield.

The Bass Cup.....tell me I'm not the only one picturing a trophy full of fish?

As we begin a new season today, I was just reflecting on the fact that we have a proper manager that almost all of us trust, respect and want to retain.

It doesn't happen often. I'm often very early to criticise our manager and want change. So it's only right that I am fair the other way too.

Brendan Rodgers has been a terrific appointment and he's doing an excellent job. After two and a half years, that's unusual. In fact, I can only think of MON that I've ever felt similarly about.

Long may he continue. Good luck BR.

As we begin a new season today, I was just reflecting on the fact that we have a proper manager that almost all of us trust, respect and want to retain.

It doesn't happen often. I'm often very early to criticise our manager and want change. So it's only right that I am fair the other way too.

Brendan Rodgers has been a terrific appointment and he's doing an excellent job. After two and a half years, that's unusual. In fact, I can only think of MON that I've ever felt similarly about.

Long may he continue. Good luck BR.
Kiss of death.

He's boring the tits off me and I'm afraid anyone who makes me think I'm wasting my Saturday can **** off.

He's not the man for Europe either.

Imagine being the manager of Leicester City in Europe and treating it like its less important than the league Cup

He’s a duffer. Don’t say I didn’t pre-warn you lot.

He’ll be out before the end of the season.

He's boring the tits off me and I'm afraid anyone who makes me think I'm wasting my Saturday can **** off.

He's not the man for Europe either.

Imagine being the manager of Leicester City in Europe and treating it like its less important than the league Cup
Ahhhh...but look at the reward you get for winning the league cup.

The chance to lose to some of the worst teams in the whole of Europe

The problem we have is nothing to do with the players or the shape of the team.

There are two things wrong. Firstly, the squad isn't fit. They have patently not been drilled hard in pre-season and they just look slow and knackered too early in matches. It's probably a deliberate thing because we ran out of gas in previous seasons so I kind of get it. However, you can't piss about with fitness levels, they are so important. You also can't get them back once the season is underway. Once players aren't properly match fit, it's really hard to get fit during the season. That's really worrying.

The second issue is we're just over-complicating everything. Too much smart arse positioning and over-playing. I expect that he's trying to prove that he's a top level manager (to a potential mega club employer) but he's doing it really badly. He's undermining his reputation by trying to be something more than he is.

BR went up his own backside at about the same stage at Liverpool. Overthinking everything and confusing the players until they were frozen and lost. It's what Ranieri did in 16/17 too.

I cannot accept that he isn't fully aware of the issues and what he's doing wrong. Even if he is ignorant, surely some of the people around him will tell him. This situation won't be resolved by Sunday but during the international break he needs to rethink and reset the squad.

BR went up his own backside at about the same stage at Liverpool. Overthinking everything and confusing the players until they were frozen and lost.

This stands out for me. Didn't he sign absolute shite just before too? By Liverpool's standards/expectations anyhoo......Junior Lewis and Roman Bednar that were playing today for us have me worried.

He seems to be in a position he can’t get out of at the moment. Never good for a manager.
Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670