Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he goes to Spurs then he's clearly an idiot & we'd be well rid.
Spurs are a joke of a club & are on an Arsenal trajectory.

Their signings are hardly ever good enough & they can't afford to spunk stupid money on no-risk megastars. Kane is worth 20 goals a season & he's on his way out. Spurs are a managerial graveyard like Wolves used to be. At a higher level admittedly but still true. The whole of North London is a mirage. They've finished behind West Ham FFS.

Well we done a Spursy today so Daniel Levy would have been watching thinking this Rodgers is a ripe fit

We've a better squad than them. Bale and Kane were the difference today, both of which won't be there next year if Kane has his way.

Just asking, not giving an opinion:

Does/should Rodgers have questions to answer from our owner about another failure to secure top four?

Well we done a Spursy today so Daniel Levy would have been watching thinking this Rodgers is a ripe fit

We've a better squad than them. Bale and Kane were the difference today, both of which won't be there next year if Kane has his way.
I’m not sure after our last two seasons we’re in a position to be using the term, ‘Spursy’.

Maybe he'd go for the lure of the European Vauxhall Conference?

It'd be a test of any manager to try to feign interest in that successfully. They'll want to be out of it by Christmas. But considering the likely standard of opposition how will they engineer it?

Even playing the kids & squad players coming back from injury might not be enough.

It'll be fun to see the attendances though. Vast swathes of empty seats should keep anyone nostalgic for 2020 happy. Even if you normally struggle to get a ticket I can't see anyone being tempted out in pissing rain in November to watch their U 23s & the third choice keeper conspire to grind out a 0-0 against FC Dynamo Borat.

Maybe he'd go for the lure of the European Vauxhall Conference?

It'd be a test of any manager to try to feign interest in that successfully. They'll want to be out of it by Christmas. But considering the likely standard of opposition how will they engineer it?

Even playing the kids & squad players coming back from injury might not be enough.

It'll be fun to see the attendances though. Vast swathes of empty seats should keep anyone nostalgic for 2020 happy. Even if you normally struggle to get a ticket I can't see anyone being tempted out in pissing rain in November to watch their U 23s & the third choice keeper conspire to grind out a 0-0 against FC Dynamo Borat.

Or he could try and get top 4 after rebuilding? That'd be a success for them and I'd not be surprised to see Chelsea struggle. The euro conference will be u23s as you say.

Or he could try and get top 4 after rebuilding? That'd be a success for them and I'd not be surprised to see Chelsea struggle. The euro conference will be u23s as you say.
I don't think they have it about them to rebuild successfully enough for a top 4 push. Their recruitment is dogshit. No way he'd deliver it in 2 years & thats probably all they'd give him.

Does/should Rodgers have questions to answer from our owner about another failure to secure top four?
Can’t recall our previous manager nailing fifth place repeatedly and winning a trophy?
The objective, as Rodgers has said (repeatedly), was European Football and a trophy. Might not be the European football we want but for our club this season has objectively been a success.
Not in how it ended but for most of it.

Yeah hang on I misread your tone earlier. I’m with others. Once again the objective for next season has to be win a trophy and increase the points tally.
So that considered - what happens if we win the league cup and finish sixth? For me - he stays.

This is what is annoying me about this whole debate.

It's about context and being able to understand that expectations are allowed to shift mid season.

In no universe does BR have to answer questions for not getting us into the top 4 when you consider expectations at the start of the season, however, he absolutely hs to answer some questions based on where we were with 10 games to go and to be quite honest with you if those questions aren't being asked then we aren't as well run as we think.

Now, the questions need to be asked, especially after two seasons of losing outcomes from winning positions, however, I would expect these questions to be most heavily asked by BR himself, especially if the image he likes to portray is real.

In my mind there are too many individuals who cannot be counted on, the real work is understanding who they are as it might not be immediately obvious.

Questions should always be asked, this time BR needs to find the answers, for his own sake.

Don't think he does. The question is where does he take us next? And do the club agree?

This is what is annoying me about this whole debate.

It's about context and being able to understand that expectations are allowed to shift mid season.

In no universe does BR have to answer questions for not getting us into the top 4 when you consider expectations at the start of the season, however, he absolutely hs to answer some questions based on where we were with 10 games to go and to be quite honest with you if those questions aren't being asked then we aren't as well run as we think.

Now, the questions need to be asked, especially after two seasons of losing outcomes from winning positions, however, I would expect these questions to be most heavily asked by BR himself, especially if the image he likes to portray is real.

In my mind there are too many individuals who cannot be counted on, the real work is understanding who they are as it might not be immediately obvious.

Questions should always be asked, this time BR needs to find the answers, for his own sake.

I've seen comments about Top and certain players looking less than chuffed during the parade. Anyone who was there to give their view?

One thing I will say is that BR record in Europe is atrocious and for me to want him to take us forward he needs to change that next season.

I don't see the point (as a supporter) in continually qualifying for Europe but giving it all up to try and qualify for Europe.

If we are in it then let's at least let Europe know that we mean ****ing business.

If we’d have bottled top 4 AND bottled the FA Cup final, he absolutely would have questions to answer, and my concerns that he’s a perennial bottle job would have heightened even more.

But we won the FA Cup for the first time, so he probably doesn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363