Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was making the decisions at Newcastle, I'd want BR. He's a perfect fit for what they need. They need a safe pair of hands with PL experience and a proven ability to improve players and clubs.

If BR feels like he's done as much as he's ever going to be able to here, he might be keen. He doesn't seem the same manager this season to me.

For us, as I've said before, we're overpaying BR. Only Guardiola and Klopp are paid more in the PL. Maybe we think that this is a good point to change too? Get a massive compensation in and freshen the place up.

it is a big gamble for BR who can you get into Newcastle in January? if this was at the end of the season then I think he would be gone like a shot. Eddie Howe anyone? :043:

I can't see why he would take it. Their squad is so poor that it'll require several windows to get a squad that's capable of doing anything.

I would predict that they end up with Koeman at the end of the season when he's inevitably sacked by Barcelona. Maybe someone like Paulo Sousa will take it on between now and then.

I can't see why he would take it. Their squad is so poor that it'll require several windows to get a squad that's capable of doing anything.

I would predict that they end up with Koeman at the end of the season when he's inevitably sacked by Barcelona. Maybe someone like Paulo Sousa will take it on between now and then.

I think you're underestimating the pull of managing the richest club in the world.

I can think of tens of millions of reasons why he would take it. Imagine how much their fans will lap it up too, them luring away the manager of a much better and more successful club… it is a sportswashing enterprise at the end of the day.

I’m not going to jump to conclusions and judge Brenda on some rumours on Twitter but I could see him doing it.

He might also be thinking stuff like:
Youri likely to leave next summer
Vardy won't last forever
Kasper will need replacing at some point
Cags only has one year left on his contract after this season
Evans seems to be struggling to get fit these days
Etc, etc

There is a fair amount of work to be done over the next couple of years and, if some of the signings that have been made with a bit of futureproofing don't work out (Daka, Soumare, for example), he might find himself under a lot more pressure than he is at the moment.

The appeal of a **** ton of money (his contract and spending money) and a bit of time afforded to him, in that people will say he's got a lot of work to do to turn them round, will be pretty appealing, I'd imagine.

Whether he goes or not, from the moment of the takeover anyone who voluntarily deals with, works for, sponsors, supports, or patronises Newcastle United will be announcing to the world that they see no problem with some of the world’s worst human rights abuses. If he signs up there, **** him, but not for leaving.

A Brown Nose/Sparky79 dream team for me.
I'd find it difficult to give up my armchair high horse role unless the club could make some serious guarantees on ensuring we re-signed Mahrez and Kante and on ensuring that Ricardo, Evans, Fofana and Justin were never injured.

Whether he goes or not, from the moment of the takeover anyone who voluntarily deals with, works for, sponsors, supports, or patronises Newcastle United will be announcing to the world that they see no problem with some of the world’s worst human rights abuses. If he signs up there, **** him, but not for leaving.

Think I have to disagree with this. If some similar owners came in and bought Leicester, I couldn't just switch off 30 years of support. Doesn't mean I'd be happy about it.

Frustratingly, I find Man City fans seem to believe that they are a genuine success story with absolutely no sports washing, so I expect we'll see much the same form Newcastle.

Think I have to disagree with this. If some similar owners came in and bought Leicester, I couldn't just switch off 30 years of support. Doesn't mean I'd be happy about it.

Frustratingly, I find Man City fans seem to believe that they are a genuine success story with absolutely no sports washing, so I expect we'll see much the same form Newcastle.
If the same people had bought Leicester I’d have written to every one of them individually inviting them to shove their new plastic club up their murdering arseholes.

While I’m at it, **** Qatar and the 2022 World Cup, **** PSG, **** Man City, and **** anyone who thinks any of this is okay.

If the same people had bought Leicester I’d have written to every one of them individually inviting them to shove their new plastic club up their murdering arseholes.

While I’m at it, **** Qatar and the 2022 World Cup, **** PSG, **** Man City, and **** anyone who thinks any of this is okay.

I cried tears of joy for Leicester’s FA Cup win earlier this year but I could very comfortably draw a line under supporting the club if it had been taken over by the Saudi state last week.

If you dig deep enough I think there is someone who hates nearly all of the Premier league owners very deeply and with largely very good reason.
- Thais protesting in the streets against what they see as corrupt and military linked firms like King Power, who came to riches through Royal and military connections and negotiating their way to contracts with Thaksin Shinawatra (now in exile) in the midst of coups. Very generous and magnanimous in the UK - connected monopolists in their own back yard.
- People protesting against the murder of Jamal Khassogi by Newcastles new owners. One very visible example of the hateful and abusive regime that their sovereign wealth fund is attached to.
- Billions salted out of Russia by cronyist oligarchs such as Moshiri, Usmanov and Abramovich, tied into the grace and favour of Putin is now funding enormous spends by Chelsea and Everton on players, land and 'respectable' businesses in the UK. Large areas of London and Liverpool docks now funded solely by money handed to strategically useful allies to Russiaa government.
- Billions built off the bank of Millions of square feet of retail space owned by Kroenke, Fenway Sports Group and the like used to buy up Liverpool, Arsenal etc....

The whole structure and 'success story'of the Premier League and current clubs within it is built on the worst excesses of capitalism and the fans lap it up because, very much like petrol, food, entrainment, goods etc there's very ****ing little that individuals can do to stand in its way...unless they are willing to deny themselves something they love, safe in the knowledge it won't make a blind bit of difference in the short term.
It's like the Krays turning up with a great new fruit machine and PA system to your pub in the east end in the 50s. You know its going to make money and the punters will love it, but come the end of the month you'll have to empty the till and give it to the firm or they'll smash your place up, move on to the pub down the road and you'll be back with 3 regulars and a dog

If loads of us stop going to see Leicester or Newcastle or Man City it would still take several years for it to make a dent in the game.
For me, the Newcastle deal should lead to a serious consideration of a mass boycott, just like the level of vitriol that greeted the idea of a super league....

But it won't.

That's the other side of the coin. Rodgers seems like a pretty alright fella generally, but I could easily see his ambition outpacing his morality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4387
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263