Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Newcastle a bigger club than us? according to Shaun Curtis they are, people are confusing history with the size of a club Newcastle is a country mile away from where we are right now, a world class training ground with a state of the art stadium.

For Newcastle to lure BR away they would have to make him the highest paid manager in the league, and we will most certainly put clauses and conditions into him leaving us. Would piss myself if they ended being relegated this year regardless of who takes over.

If I was making the decisions at Newcastle, I'd want BR. He's a perfect fit for what they need. They need a safe pair of hands with PL experience and a proven ability to improve players and clubs.

If BR feels like he's done as much as he's ever going to be able to here, he might be keen. He doesn't seem the same manager this season to me.

For us, as I've said before, we're overpaying BR. Only Guardiola and Klopp are paid more in the PL. Maybe we think that this is a good point to change too? Get a massive compensation in and freshen the place up.

Newcastle don't want someone who can improve their shit players, they want someone who can work with the top players they will undoubtedly sign.

Rodgers and his mates cannot be trusted with any amount of money, let alone £300m.

His signing are, on the whole, complete shit and that just won't cut it with them.

Newcastle want a purely football focussed man, Rodgers likes to control far too much.

If the same people had bought Leicester I’d have written to every one of them individually inviting them to shove their new plastic club up their murdering arseholes.

While I’m at it, **** Qatar and the 2022 World Cup, **** PSG, **** Man City, and **** anyone who thinks any of this is okay.

Are King Power an organisation that you're fine with? You'd have to concede that their creation, development and activities are corrupt as ****?

Leicester sold their soul when Mad Mandy took over. We've been a pawn in shady billionaire games ever since.

I fully accept that Newcastle have gone a large step further into the swamp than anyone as yet but our feet are far from dry.

If loads of us stop going to see Leicester or Newcastle or Man City it would still take several years for it to make a dent in the game.
For me, the Newcastle deal should lead to a serious consideration of a mass boycott, just like the level of vitriol that greeted the idea of a super league....

But it won't.

Good post. Feels like there is starting to be a much greater degree of apathy from fans in general at the moment, almost as though many are looking for a reason not to go anymore and finally cut the cord.

it is a big gamble for BR who can you get into Newcastle in January? if this was at the end of the season then I think he would be gone like a shot. Eddie Howe anyone? :043:
Graham Potter, or someone who I mentioned a couple of years ago and got laughed at, David Moyes.

I'd go for Potter first, but it's a measure of how well he's doing that in not sure he'd be interested. Lucien Favre would also be a good shout, but if we want to stick with young manager showing bags of potential and has already won things - how about Steven Gerrard?

I'd go for Potter first, but it's a measure of how well he's doing that in not sure he'd be interested. Lucien Favre would also be a good shout, but if we want to stick with young manager showing bags of potential and has already won things - how about Steven Gerrard?
he is a manager in the Glasgow central league hardly a glowing endorsement of his credentials imo.

Are King Power an organisation that you're fine with? You'd have to concede that their creation, development and activities are corrupt as ****?

Leicester sold their soul when Mad Mandy took over. We've been a pawn in shady billionaire games ever since.

I fully accept that Newcastle have gone a large step further into the swamp than anyone as yet but our feet are far from dry.
I think thats fair.

he is a manager in the Glasgow central league hardly a glowing endorsement of his credentials imo.
Manager of very much the second fiddle but who has come out on top (and managed to go further than us in Europe last year too) plus the last guy we got from that league did OK...

Manager of very much the second fiddle but who has come out on top (and managed to go further than us in Europe last year too) plus the last guy we got from that league did OK...
Managing in Scotland is totally different to the Premiere league imo, BR had managed Swansea and Liverpool before going to Celtic. I was chatting to a Celtic fan a few weeks ago who pointed out he was phenomenal in the league but when they ventured into Europe he had his arse handed to him, most notably a thumping 7-0 defeat to Barcelona.

Gerrard is still very unproven until he manages in a league that actually has some competition in it i.e. more than one team.

When Mandy took over (and then KP), it also ensured that we have a club to support. Wet feet or no feet at all?

I don't agree with wet feet, but the world is as it is. You can't go swimming and not get wet. And simply existing as a football club in 2021 usually means going swimming.

As for our owners, I agree, i'd like to think KP aren't at the same level as Saudi Arabia. Corruption for gaining contracts is one thing, stoning homosexuals to death is something else entirely.

When Mandy took over (and then KP), it also ensured that we have a club to support. Wet feet or no feet at all?

I don't agree with wet feet, but the world is as it is. You can't go swimming and not get wet. And simply existing as a football club in 2021 usually means going swimming.

As for our owners, I agree, i'd like to think KP aren't at the same level as Saudi Arabia. Corruption for gaining contracts is one thing, stoning homosexuals to death is something else entirely.
Not to mention their very busy day beheading 37 people.

I still don't think we can mistake magnanimous club ownership and free beers / cupcakes / flags with KingPower being an organisation that hasn't cornered a market in South East Asia through connection to shady Military and Govt brokers giving them a license (pre covid) to print money with no competition.
Our owners are perhaps vanilla compared with the oligarchs and Saudi Arabia royal family - but let's not pretend they are Mother Theresa either.

If you dig deep enough I think there is someone who hates nearly all of the Premier league owners very deeply and with largely very good reason
This is the stupid argument I was referring to in an earlier post. Pointing to other ****s or claiming that other people would be ****s given the chance doesn't give you the right to be a ****, let alone become the biggest **** among ****s.

I still don't think we can mistake magnanimous club ownership and free beers / cupcakes / flags with KingPower being an organisation that hasn't cornered a market in South East Asia through connection to shady Military and Govt brokers giving them a license (pre covid) to print money with no competition.
Our owners are perhaps vanilla compared with the oligarchs and Saudi Arabia royal family - but let's not pretend they are Mother Theresa either.
Mother Theresa was a piece of shit, **** her as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758