Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am absolutely sick to death of this manager.

The defending is comical.
Attacking wise we are so slow and pedestrian.
We’re so boring to watch that going to games is a chore.
Set pieces are an absolute shambles.
The line ups are baffling.
The substitutions are even more ridiculous.
Recruitment has been awful.

We’re playing Puel ball, whilst having the strongest squad we’ve ever had, and the best training facilities in the league. It’s absolutely criminal.

It has all gone majorly stale and something needs to change. He needs to go.

A few weeks ago, the thought of Rodgers not being the manager never entered my head.
Last week I started feeling that these are his last days/weeks/months.

I currently think that he'll probably be here at Chrismas but not for next season.

I do think we need something to change - not just bringing back a few injured players.

The problem is, we could easily end up with someone much worse.

That's why we need to stick with him and ride out the poor form.

I actually think we will pick up in the latter half of the season.

We could also easily end up with someone much better.

Maybe we will pick up later in the season, I hope we will. But I’ve seen nothing to suggest we will. We currently have more points than we deserve.

It's clear he is more concerned with choosing the right team to manage next than doing anything more with us. He's got us a trophy and now he's attracting attention from other clubs. We'll finish midtable this season with or without him

That's why we need to stick with him and ride out the poor form.

I really do agree. I like him as a manager but I think he's not doing his all nowadays for us.

It has all gone majorly stale and something needs to change. He needs to go.

I get the frustration but that's all it is.

I'm resigned to us having a meh season. We missed out on the top four two seasons in a row on the last day. We won the FA Cup last year. There are reasons why the squad are struggling to get themselves going. There isn't a lot more they can do than massively out perform expectation two years in a row.

We could change the manager of course. But given his overall record for us, that would be a massive overreaction. There is next to no chance of us upgrading from BR. I can't see any option out there that I'd prefer.

When the frustration rises, just remember a few facts. BR has the highest win percentage of any City manager ever. He has done that continually in the top half of the PL delivering two of our best seasons ever. He has also won us a trophy we've been failing at for over a century. He has the players onside and wants to play good football.

This might be a 8th place season. If it is, I'd still want BR here next year as it stands. Unless I feel that the players aren't trying for him, I've got no desire to make a change. And I do have no problem with advocating getting rid of managers.

It may well be that we need to shake the squad up. A few players probably need to go and we need to buy better than we have over the last couple of years. We can't keep trying to hit the wonderkid market everytime. Sometimes you need the right sort of character or someone who will just do a job.

I get the frustration but that's all it is.

I'm resigned to us having a meh season. We missed out on the top four two seasons in a row on the last day. We won the FA Cup last year. There are reasons why the squad are struggling to get themselves going. There isn't a lot more they can do than massively out perform expectation two years in a row.

We could change the manager of course. But given his overall record for us, that would be a massive overreaction. There is next to no chance of us upgrading from BR. I can't see any option out there that I'd prefer.

When the frustration rises, just remember a few facts. BR has the highest win percentage of any City manager ever. He has done that continually in the top half of the PL delivering two of our best seasons ever. He has also won us a trophy we've been failing at for over a century. He has the players onside and wants to play good football.

This might be a 8th place season. If it is, I'd still want BR here next year as it stands. Unless I feel that the players aren't trying for him, I've got no desire to make a change. And I do have no problem with advocating getting rid of managers.

It may well be that we need to shake the squad up. A few players probably need to go and we need to buy better than we have over the last couple of years. We can't keep trying to hit the wonderkid market everytime. Sometimes you need the right sort of character or someone who will just do a job.
I’m not sure he does have the players onside any more.

If I’m correct, the manager has to go (can’t get rid of a whole squad). If I’m wrong, then we’re doing poorly due to his tactics, so it’s the same end result for me.

It’s not a short run of poor form, it stretches much further back than that, with the FA Cup papering over some major cracks. We’re lucky to be as high as we are in the league, and there are few signs of improvement. We need European football otherwise this strong squad we have built will start to disband. We won’t be finishing in the European positions if something doesn’t change.

Losing some of our big players is inevitable regardless of our position.

Second half of the season will be much better imo.

I hope all this blind faith that we’ll improve is correct. But where is the evidence for this belief?

As CF pointed out, these poor performances and results go back a long way. I don’t see any signs to cling on to that it will improve. And it’s completely unfair on Justin and Fofana to think that them getting fit will change our pedestrian style of play, or our baffling team selections and substitutions. And this past transfer window gives me no hope of any adequate improvements being signed in January.

And the opportunity cost argument is BS. Yes, of course we could get somebody worse if Rogers goes. But we could also get someone who could improve upon the performances we’ve been putting in since the back end of last season. We could overhaul the recruitment team so we don’t make 5 signings in a window and 11 league games later it’s clear that 3 of them are not good enough and at best, the jury is still out on the other two. And no, I don’t have a name in mind.

I hope all this blind faith that we’ll improve is correct. But where is the evidence for this belief?

As CF pointed out, these poor performances and results go back a long way. I don’t see any signs to cling on to that it will improve. And it’s completely unfair on Justin and Fofana to think that them getting fit will change our pedestrian style of play, or our baffling team selections and substitutions. And this past transfer window gives me no hope of any adequate improvements being signed in January.

And the opportunity cost argument is BS. Yes, of course we could get somebody worse if Rogers goes. But we could also get someone who could improve upon the performances we’ve been putting in since the back end of last season. We could overhaul the recruitment team so we don’t make 5 signings in a window and 11 league games later it’s clear that 3 of them are not good enough and at best, the jury is still out on the other two. And no, I don’t have a name in mind.
Whilst I agree with pretty much all of this, I have to tell you…

…it’s Rodgers.

No, Rodgers needs to go now!!! After all, what has Brendan Rodgers ever done for Leicester City... apart from two consecutive European jaunts... oh, and a first FA Cup. Doesn't he realise that we are a bigger club than Real Madrid (comparisons to little Manchester United are laughable)?

The only question is do we want Klopp, Pep or someone else to replace him?

Get a grip people!

When you talk to Liverpool fans, most of them say this was to be expected. You get two good years out of Brendan then he tries to get all clever and basically starts ****ing it up.

I want him to stay, but I also want him to get back to the way we were playing, rather than then flaccid shit we’re playing now.

Ok. After the Leeds 1-1 game, most of us are a little less than happy.
We always can do with a little light hearted entertainment, something funny and not serious.

I had thought this was just a clickbait website - interesting to see the BBC have included it in today's gossip column.

I had thought this was just a clickbait website - interesting to see the BBC have included it in today's gossip column.

The BBC are just as interested in clickbait material, though, especially on a gossip column.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566