Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
All those above are nonsense. It will be Preki.
Where did he end up moving to in the end, Rothley Utd?

I'll put it out there that my first choice to replace BR would be Emery.

He has a £7m release clause which is less than half what Man Utd would need to pay us for BR.

His record is excellent and it seemed from the Newcastle farce that he's open to moving back to the PL if it's a credible option.

Emery has an outstanding record, diluted by his experience at Arsenal where he was on a hiding to nothing.

He's also won four (I think) Europa Leagues with a squad less strong than ours.

Interesting choice. I hope we have a solid list of good, exciting managers. None of this Dean Smith, Sean Dyche, Daniel Farke, Steve Bruce, Sam Allardyce bullshit.

You gotta say Nuno would be a front runner. Emery I like although I remember his football at Arsenal being rather boring. I want a top manager to push us on - someone who has CL experience and has worked at a big club before. We're rather attractive as a job.

Where did he end up moving to in the end, Rothley Utd?

Interesting choice. I hope we have a solid list of good, exciting managers. None of this Dean Smith, Sean Dyche, Daniel Farke, Steve Bruce, Sam Allardyce bullshit.

You gotta say Nuno would be a front runner. Emery I like although I remember his football at Arsenal being rather boring. I want a top manager to push us on - someone who has CL experience and has worked at a big club before. We're rather attractive as a job.

I'd put Nuno in the same category as Dean Smith and Daniel Farke...

I want to dismiss this entire conversation, but it does worry me that the Rodgers to Man Utd rumours seem to have gathered some pace/continue to burn in the background, and as BN says, journos that I'd give more credibility to have also mentioned it so it does definitely at least seem like they're trying to sound out whether BR would be interested.

Ole surely hasn't got too long left, and you'd expect Brendan to be a frontrunner. Although of course Man Utd fans might not be happy with a 'Liverpool reject' and fan sentiment could equally be something they're trying to judge through the media.

I'd put Nuno in the same category as Dean Smith and Daniel Farke...

I want to dismiss this entire conversation, but it does worry me that the Rodgers to Man Utd rumours seem to have gathered some pace/continue to burn in the background, and as BN says, journos that I'd give more credibility to have also mentioned it so it does definitely at least seem like they're trying to sound out whether BR would be interested.

Ole surely hasn't got too long left, and you'd expect Brendan to be a frontrunner. Although of course Man Utd fans might not be happy with a 'Liverpool reject' and fan sentiment could equally be something they're trying to judge through the media.

Nuno got back-to-back 7th placed finishes with Wolves in his first two PL seasons at Wolves - Dean Smith and Farke have got nowhere close to that.

I hope Brendan doesn't leave. I certainly hope his head being turned isn't responsible, in part, for our poor form. On Twitter, the reaction has been mixed, I for one think he'd smash it at Man Utd.

Managers come and go though, and if he leaves, we need a top boss coming in. No cost spared. If we can throw £30m on Ayoze, why not spend a good chunk on the right manager?

Well, if it happens it's probably just as well I'm not in charge of the recruitment process as I'd be inclined to take a punt.

The last ageing Italian we tried worked out Ok so I'd see if we could tempt Gasperini away from Atalanta. Even if it didn't entirely work out the football would be well worth watching. He's done a fabulous job there.

For a younger option I'd see if Niko Kovac fancied trying his hand in the Prem. Step up from Monaco surely?

I have no clue if either of them would even be interested or compatible. I just have a lot of time for them both. Speculation is good fun.

Nuno got back-to-back 7th placed finishes with Wolves in his first two PL seasons at Wolves - Dean Smith and Farke have got nowhere close to that.

I hope Brendan doesn't leave. I certainly hope his head being turned isn't responsible, in part, for our poor form. On Twitter, the reaction has been mixed, I for one think he'd smash it at Man Utd.

Managers come and go though, and if he leaves, we need a top boss coming in. No cost spared. If we can throw £30m on Ayoze, why not spend a good chunk on the right manager?
Have you watched a Nuno side play? It’s disgusting, 90% cheating and the rest is hoping for a goal from a set piece. It’s luxury Allardyce stuff.

I hope Rodgers stays too but judging by the reaction of some to the start to this season, they’d be chucking their season tickets at Nuno after five minutes of his football.

I think we should fight tooth and nail to ensure our manager is happy here and ends up staying...have a wicked rest of the season. 2 points off 6th. Get yer heads down and start pushing up the table. Rodgers is a top coach and can make it happen if he wants to.

Potter if Rodgers leaves. And a covenant in his deal that he can't try to sign ndidi, fofana, tielemans or Barnes. Or Evans and Justin.
If Utd are a bigger club he can prove it by not ransacking his former club to improve them

Based on?
Believe he’s overperforming with an average squad. Would happily focus on coaching (not recruitment). Plays decent, open, football most of the time. Premier league experience.

Seems an alright bloke too, for the little that is worth.

Potter would be my first choice but he’d tell us to **** off I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669