Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people quoting it, with that as the source, even though they themselves don’t give a source. That’s the media cycle for you.

I’d be shocked if it’s Rodgers for Man U. Thefans would go mental.

Also, any talk of moving Rodgers on is far, far too premature.

That said, we have a very hectic Xmas period full of difficult games. If we slide down the table, things could become desperate. We aren’t immune from a collapse, and then the training ground and the stadium expansion would look like hubris of the highest order. I believe we have far too much quality, and too good of a manager for things to go THAT wrong, but we’ve had our brushes with the abyss with the previous 4 incumbents of the role.

One day, and I hope in a long while, some people on here will realise how great BR is at this club.

I'd rather the tactics were changed than the manager. I think he has been great but at the moment it seems correct to be said in the past tense. Will he change it? Or will we have to pretend that one central defender being injured means turgid football and negative subs continue? Is this really how he wants us to play? Playing for a draw at Leeds after having a goal disallowed ffs....

Not sure I watched the same last 20 mins at Leeds. From what I saw (on a stream) we didn't let them get many chances near our goal, and in fact caused them a few including a VAR disallowed goal and a shocking miss from Soyuncu.

Not sure I watched the same last 20 mins at Leeds. From what I saw (on a stream) we didn't let them get many chances near our goal, and in fact caused them a few including a VAR disallowed goal and a shocking miss from Soyuncu.
Just in case anyone is looking for context:

I must have missed the second disallowed goal. It felt like we created a few half chances the same as them and both were happy with a point shared in a six pointer.

Stand by it all, until I watched how we caved in against Palarse.
Did you watch how we caved in against West Ham earlier this season?

It looks to me like the media based in the North West are putting out feeler stories about Rodgers deliberately intended to test the appetite of Man Utd fans.

Too many stories from decent journalists now for there to be nothing in it.

The reaction so far is very mixed. However, if Man Utd don't win some games very quickly, OGS is out and BR appears to be in.

If our DOF has any sense, he will be sounding out a replacement manager. We might well need one soon.

It looks to me like the media based in the North West are putting out feeler stories about Rodgers deliberately intended to test the appetite of Man Utd fans.

Too many stories from decent journalists now for there to be nothing in it.

The reaction so far is very mixed. However, if Man Utd don't win some games very quickly, OGS is out and BR appears to be in.

If our DOF has any sense, he will be sounding out a replacement manager. We might well need one soon.

I'd hope we already have a half decent list tbh.

I'll put it out there that my first choice to replace BR would be Emery.

He has a £7m release clause which is less than half what Man Utd would need to pay us for BR.

His record is excellent and it seemed from the Newcastle farce that he's open to moving back to the PL if it's a credible option.

Emery has an outstanding record, diluted by his experience at Arsenal where he was on a hiding to nothing.

He's also won four (I think) Europa Leagues with a squad less strong than ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669