Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My response to him saying that we've been overachieving for two years.

"Yes Brendan, we have in terms of the budgets for player transfers and salaries. However, one person that hasn't been overachieving is you. You've been in the top four managers for salary for the last two years haven't you? Now you are massively underachieving so what are you going to do about it?".

For me it's like this...

1. We stick with him regardless and ride out the storm. There is still a very good chance that we'll find some form and finish the season strongly.

2. Make a change and hope we can bring someone in who rejuvenates the squad and brings us back to the level we know we are capable of.

If we choose number 2 we all have to accept that we could also recruit someone who is worse and we could end up in a relegation fight.
If we choose option 1 there is a very good chance we could end up in a relegation fight. In fact, I’d say it’s likely

Blaming the fans is bang out of order if we are honest.

What was the stat? over the last 18 months we’ve lost more home games than any side in the premier league?

Joint worst for goals conceded with Norwich this season?

No wonder the fans are annoyed.

The reality is that simply isn’t good enough. Stand up and be counted.

Quality is only relevant if occasionally people show it. Many a team has been ‘too good to go down’ but has done so or come very close to it.

Quality is only relevant if occasionally people show it. Many a team has been ‘too good to go down’ but has done so or come very close to it.
And we’ve seen enough moments of quality from our best players to suggest we would scrape 40 points together. In my opinion.

Welcome all. I’ve been here a while, nice to see you finally arrive.

No worse fans IMO than the fans who are keen to gloat about being the first to call for a manager's head, so start throwing around 'xxxx out' after a couple of bad results.

It doesn't make you a genius. It makes you a disease that spreads through football and pushes this horrendous short termism we see in football these days, where the idea of giving a manager time to turn things around is a distant memory.

" We are not at our usual levels of confidence and to boo a backwards pass when it could launch an attack causes anxiety. It can affect you." I think he's spot on. Our fans today, as usual, were a bunch of placid, flaccid, passionless, silent blobs. They gave no support to the players whatsoever and couldn't even be arsed to boo Chilwell after the first 5 minutes.

One word summary of our performances in the PL games so far this season.

1. Meh
2. Awful
3. Poor
4. Weak
5. Poor
6. Weak
7. Awful
8. Good
9. Meh
10. Poor
11. Meh
12. Awful

" We are not at our usual levels of confidence and to boo a backwards pass when it could launch an attack causes anxiety. It can affect you." I think he's spot on. Our fans today, as usual, were a bunch of placid, flaccid, passionless, silent blobs. They gave no support to the players whatsoever and couldn't even be arsed to boo Chilwell after the first 5 minutes.
I found the booing of Chilwell childish as I do with most ex players,it usually spurs them on and just adds to a negative atmosphere.

So, were they silent or did they boo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570