Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think that Schmeichel would be on top form, with all the practice he's getting in every game....

I really don't know how the defence gets sorted without Fofana, Ricardo and Justin coming back, or new signings in January...

Which means our defence is bollocked for another month still at least, which could be it for Brendan.

For me, it's not just the players but also the set up.

Full backs are expected to be secondary wingers which leaves us open at the back and easy to counter against.

Wingers (apart from Albrighton) barely track back and the opposition full backs usually have the red carpet rolled out for them to bomb forward.

Wilf is useless once the ball is in the opposition half.

Maddison is anonymous unless we play well as a team.

Vardy is anonymous if he isn't scoring.

The abysmal defending of corners but also just balls into the box.

The limpness of our attacking of set pieces.

And it goes on really.

Tbh, I was largely still on the fence with Rodgers and hoping we would turn it around but after typing all that, there's an argument he should be gone already as it isn't just this season. We collopased again last season and yes we did win the FA Cup, but the same team absolutely destroyed us a few days later in the league.

I can't see how he can survive a defeat to Newcastle, especially when you consider how appalling our home form has been for a while now.

Well, we could try coaching them

Insane, I know, but just a thought
What a good idea: we're playing two games every week, let's get the players in for plenty of coaching sessions... oh, and don't forget to blame Rodgers when we get more injuries too.

Sorry, that comes out a little sarcastic, but I don't think you've given that the thought that usually goes into your posts. At the moment, little real coaching can be taking place.

What a good idea: we're playing two games every week, let's get the players in for plenty of coaching sessions... oh, and don't forget to blame Rodgers when we get more injuries too.

Sorry, that comes out a little sarcastic, but I don't think you've given that the thought that usually goes into your posts. At the moment, little real coaching can be taking place.

You actually think that they’re not having coaching sessions every single week - both analytical and practical ?

Holy Jebus, that’s ****ing quality :038:

You actually think that they’re not having coaching sessions every single week - both analytical and practical ?

Holy Jebus, that’s ****ing quality :038:
They'll be doing light training and coaching in so much as theoretical work but, I doubt very much that revolutionary concepts are being discussed.

For me, it's not just the players but also the set up.

Full backs are expected to be secondary wingers which leaves us open at the back and easy to counter against.

Wingers (apart from Albrighton) barely track back and the opposition full backs usually have the red carpet rolled out for them to bomb forward.
This has been our Achilles heel for the past two seasons Barnes is great when in form and going forward however, he either refuses or has been coached ( which goes counter to what BR said post match on Thursday) not to track back or he simply cannot be bothered to.
If you watch Barnes, Lookman and Perez they all track back ( with no desire or intent) marking nothing or anyone then hide at the edge of our 18 yard box instead of closing down the player who can cross the ball, this results in our entire backline being bent out of shape covering gaps that they are too bone idle cover.

For me BR has to start Nacho and Vardy upfront so we can set the press and defend from the front playing one upfront just allows our midfield to be overun especially as our wingers are not doing the dirty work.

Some cheery comments from BR.

There is no money available in January for players.

Justin is still a few weeks away.

Fofana now being talked about for a return in February.

Some cheery comments from BR.

There is no money available in January for players.

Justin is still a few weeks away.

Fofana now being talked about for a return in February.
Fofana will be in Spain with Wilf before then apparently, according to BBC gossip reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566