Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the club would accept mid table obscurity this season and chalk it off as a bad season despite Brendan's insistence that we were overachieving before'. He does have credit in the bank. However if it continues next season or if we continue to get worse and find ourselves in a relegation scrapper I think he could be gone within a couple of months.. looking at the performances the latter seems more likely.
Nail on head

I just can't see him turning it around.

The squad he has built is talented but physically and mentally weak.
The core of the side - Vardy, Kasper, Ndidi, Evans are in the worst form we've ever seen. (In the case of Evans and Vardy times has caught up with them)

We're so open. We ask the two CB and DM to defend the rest charge up field on the attack.

If we keep a clean sheet if will because a team has missed chances. Not because we've defended well.

I just can't see him turning it around.

The squad he has built is talented but physically and mentally weak.
The core of the side - Vardy, Kasper, Ndidi, Evans are in the worst form we've ever seen. (In the case of Evans and Vardy times has caught up with them)

We're so open. We ask the two CB and DM to defend the rest charge up field on the attack.

If we keep a clean sheet if will because a team has missed chances. Not because we've defended well.
He hasn’t really built the squad. It was pretty much the legacy of Puel.

I didn't watch or even listen to the game tonight but I bet I could do a match report.

Sloppy defending?
No organisation?
No urgency?

Just copy and paste from other post-match threads.

You may remember that I defended Puel until very late in his reign, this was because I felt I could see what he was trying to do and that there were some small signs of improvement and that patience would pay off. (my opinion at the time)

From what we see on the pitch this season I have no idea what Rodgers is trying to do, I see no signs of improvement, plus his comments have suggested an ignorance of the problems. I see no reason to hope in improvement any more.

The problem with seeing how he gets on next season is he has 2 transfer windows. Do we let him spend in either? Given the last one.....

The quality of a manager should be determined based on how they deal with exactly the situation that we are in now...a slump in form - poor performances etc. A manager shouldn't be judged solely on the fact that these things occur. With very few exceptions they always do and always will. How do they bounce back though? Surely they should be given a chance to make that happen? Without a manager being given a chance to turn things around when things aren't great then they don't have the chance to prove their true worth. Just my opinion and i await the shouting down that I probably deserve on what is clearly a particularly painful evening in our season.

The quality of a manager should be determined based on how they deal with exactly the situation that we are in now...a slump in form - poor performances etc. A manager shouldn't be judged solely on the fact that these things occur. With very few exceptions they always do and always will. How do they bounce back though? Surely they should be given a chance to make that happen? Without a manager being given a chance to turn things around when things aren't great then they don't have the chance to prove their true worth. Just my opinion and i await the shouting down that I probably deserve on what is clearly a particularly painful evening in our season.

It depends how long you view it as a slump I suppose. It's now December and we're still waiting to get going. Matches coming up don't get much easier. We can write off December as waiting for a turning point but do we then give him all of January?

The last six league games under Ranieri:

Middlesbrough 0 - 0 Leicester
Leicester 0 - 3 Chelsea
Southampton 3 - 0 Leicester
Burnley 1 - 0 Leicester
Leicester 0 - 3 Man Utd
Swansea 2 - 0 Leicester
I remember going to the Burnley game on a cold, wet Tuesday night…and the Swansea game late afternoon on a Sunday…both were unforgivably dreadful.

It depends how long you view it as a slump I suppose. It's now December and we're still waiting to get going. Matches coming up don't get much easier. We can write off December as waiting for a turning point but do we then give him all of January?
For me - we see where we are at the end of the season. I don't think we're all clinging onto the dream of reaching Europe again this year though it's clearly still a possibility. People wonder why there is little loyalty shown by managers that perform well with clubs outside of the so called 'big six' - I'm of the opinion that fans should show the same loyalty when things aren't going so well than they expect when things are.

I dread to think how much worse those scorelines would be if BR was in charge of that level of squad.

He's got much better players at his disposal overall

Rodgers has been given a chance to get us out of a slump. We’ve been in a slump since the middle of last season. He’s had a pre-season and a transfer window, and 23 games this season to show if he has what it takes to turn a slump around. (And yes, I know we won the FA Cup during this period but that was one game). And we have gotten significantly worse. And according to him some of the problems that we currently have were there before he arrived (which he is right about with the slow starts). Well, he’s had just short of 3 years to sort that out, and hasn’t.

Seriously, for some fans no length of time will ever be enough.

The last six league games under Ranieri:

Middlesbrough 0 - 0 Leicester
Leicester 0 - 3 Chelsea
Southampton 3 - 0 Leicester
Burnley 1 - 0 Leicester
Leicester 0 - 3 Man Utd
Swansea 2 - 0 Leicester
That Southampton game remains one of the worst performances I've ever seen.

The diamond formation, no?
Yes. Claudio said afterwards it was his fault and none of the players understood what his tactics were and what they were supposed to be doing - which was pretty much all of that season from the opening game against Hull.

"0 clean sheets registered by Leicester City in their last 14 Premier League fixtures. Kasper Schmeichel (£4.9m) has the worst xGC (-6.70) of all of the Premier League goalkeepers this season, while no side has allowed more efforts on target (78) than Brendan Rodgers’ troops. The Foxes are also ranked 19th for both shots conceded (235) and attempts in the box allowed (157)."
Yipes. Our defence needs to be sorted asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566