Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF we sack Rodgers we dont have to pay up his salary and any other we dismiss at the same time.

We could carry on paying him until he finds a new job. He would probably have a few months off but I think he would chosse to return to managment next summer at the latest.

A compromise agreement may be found at £10-15m.
Football contracts make no sense at all do they?

"We think you're shit and want you to leave the club. Here's 15 million quid for ****ing it up, thanks"

Puel is out of work now. He’s managed Fofana before. Knowledge of the English game. Can’t speak the language but he can take lessons.

Hang on, you mean to say we haven’t had Puel this whole time?!

One thing that crossed my mind is how keen BR will be to turn this around.

I get the impression the likes of Mourinho are quite happy to be sacked and take the pay off. He's knows the peak of his career has already been and gone, so he's just a slightly improved version of Sven now.

Rodgers isn't in that position. If we sacked him, realistically he may never get another shot at one of the really big teams.

This should be Rodger's season. He's had the time to build the squad, won something and got two successive European campaigns. Were he to have a good season this year, by which I mean either win the FA cup again, Europa League or finish in the top 4 - his stock would be sky high and he could probably get the United job or maybe even Man City with a fair wind.

But if we sack him, where's he going to rebuild his reputation? Everton are not going to appoint another ex-Liverpool manager. Spurs have Conte for the foreseeable. Even Newcastle, which I think would be the most likely destination, will probably be in the Championship.

So if his goal is to get one of those big clubs, getting sacked here is going to set him back 2-4 years at least and in my opinion, it'll be his chance gone.

So I imagine he'll be properly desperate to turn this around - problem is, in my opinion he's lost it. As soon as you start criticising the fans, you're on a hiding to nothing. Looks like he's lost the dressing room too. Most criminally of all, we're playing a style of football that doesn't suit our squad and we're playing it at a pace that is mind numbingly boring to watch.

We're in the same position Villa were a few weeks ago with Dean Smith. They've gone on to win 3 out of their next 4. Sometimes it just goes stale with a manager.

Wait until Sunday.

It's going to be ****ing mint.

I was thinking about ****ing it off but I'm going purely to get stuck into these soft ****ers wearing out shirt.

I'm fully expecting us to get beat by one of the worst teams in the league

He can **** off.

Fraud

Am I allowed to declare that he’s a total and utter **** ?
No, it's now about what he's doing now. He was in charge in the cup final so deserves more time, and then more, and then more.

I am absolutely sick to death of this manager.

The defending is comical.
Attacking wise we are so slow and pedestrian.
We’re so boring to watch that going to games is a chore.
Set pieces are an absolute shambles.
The line ups are baffling.
The substitutions are even more ridiculous.
Recruitment has been awful.

We’re playing Puel ball, whilst having the strongest squad we’ve ever had, and the best training facilities in the league. It’s absolutely criminal.

It has all gone majorly stale and something needs to change. He needs to go.
Have any of these points gotten even remotely better over the past month?

The answer is no. Get rid.

Getting worse, not better. We see no signs of improvement in areas that are plain for all to see.

Losing any remaining faith with each match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757