Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t be arsed to argue. Brenda’s the best manager we’ve had since Claudio and Martin. It’s a tough time - we need to back him and the players and push on, not behave like spoilt little ****s all moaning that we’re not beating everyone.
I’ve been a fan of this club far too long to not appreciate every minute over the past decade.

Last edited by a moderator:
The players we had out there today were enough to win. I’m a big believer in keeping faith in the manager, today is the first time for me (probably long overdue) where I think we are in a case of the wrong leadership. Top has previously been brutal in his decision making, and he cannot be enjoying this football at the moment.

We play a system of football that is fine as long as we are 2 goals up, we don’t have a system of urgency, or tempo to find a goal in the first place, and we only play like that when we have conceded and the players’ natural desperation kicks in. Set pieces are an absolute shambles but have been for a long time now.

I think he started out as the perfect fit for us and I desperately want him to succeed at Leicester but he’s painted himself into a corner here and I think he’s simply too arrogant and blind to his own shortcomings to sort it out quickly.

The volume of injuries, Congerton, the incredible situation surrounding the set pieces… it’s all on Brendan. As BN pointed out we can’t afford to sack him so we’re going to find out whether he can turn this around whether we like it or not.

Can’t be arsed to argue. Brenda’s the best manager we’ve had since Claudio and Martin. It’s a tough time - we need to back him and the players and push on, not behave like spoilt little cvnts all moaning that we’re not beating everyone.
I’ve been a fan of this club far too long to not appreciate every minute over the past decade.
He only had about four games. All he did was have the players scrub toilets and plant flowers.

Can’t be arsed to argue. Brenda’s the best manager we’ve had since Claudio and Martin. It’s a tough time - we need to back him and the players and push on, not behave like spoilt little cvnts all moaning that we’re not beating everyone.

Fair enough. But you know you can say “****s”, right?

The whole “can’t afford to sack him” is bollocks.

Firstly, if there are no clauses, it’s the cost of an average player nowadays.

Secondly if we have put ourselves in a position where we can’t get rid of a manager, I’d be absolutely gobsmacked.

What happened to our top four finish?

That's what I want to know. what happened to our top four finish. What
happened to our team? Bastard must have died.

December. Bad patch.

Rubbish. Haven't seen Brendan down the labour exchange. Why doesn't he
retire.

I’m calming down a wee bit. Still think this all ends in tears but as long as we aren’t in severe threat of relegation I don’t think he’s leaving. That said, we are a heavy defeat away from some proper drama.

Reckon Top will pull back on January investment too. Won’t want to overspend for a manager and recruiter on the brink.

All too predictable a result today. Could have told you the result at 9am this morning.

Can’t remember the last time we played a half decent team where I felt reasonably confident, except I know it’s definitely last season.

IF we sack Rodgers we dont have to pay up his salary and any other we dismiss at the same time.

We could carry on paying him until he finds a new job. He would probably have a few months off but I think he would chosse to return to managment next summer at the latest.

A compromise agreement may be found at £10-15m.

All hypothetical but.....
Any of the list would benefit our current situation by bringing in a freshness to the squad. I personally think we need that.
An ' interim' manager could see us better off for the rest of the season before we take on a new super-star manager.

Brodgers will never resign. I wish we could improve with what we have currently but I (bring the pesimist I am) don't see much happening, no matter who comes back from injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757