Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PL is absolute toss

Five matches to save his job for me:

Napoli, Newcastle, Spurs, Everton and Liverpool.

If he fails to get us out of the Euro group, doesn’t win 2 of the premier league games, and fails in the Caraboa…

I think he’s gone by Christmas.

He's lost his mojo. Think he's in trouble.

Think the last two games have tipped the scales for me. He’s lost it and he ain’t getting it back.

Five matches to save his job for me:

Napoli, Newcastle, Spurs, Everton and Liverpool.

If he fails to get us out of the Euro group, doesn’t win 2 of the premier league games, and fails in the Caraboa…

I think he’s gone by Christmas.

We shouldn't give him 1 match. Summer signings are just sabotage. He clearly sees no errors in what he's doing and it's the fans, players, legacy etc. If he's got a new job lined up then maybe we can pay him some of what he'd be due in compensation before he does much more damage.

We're getting worse, not better. I am now of the opinion that if we want to achieve anything this season he has to go. His own comments suggest he doesn't believe himself that he is able to change things. Before the transfer window will give any new manager the best chance of doing something this season.

Not sure we can afford to sack him. Two years ago tomorrow he signed a contract to June 2025 which reportedly doubled his salary from £5m per year to £10m per year. This was because of the interest in him from Arsenal at that time.

So to buy his contract out would cost us £35m. Plus his coaching staff and head of recruitment. That would probably make it over £40m.

We can't afford that.

Not sure we can afford to sack him. Two years ago tomorrow he signed a contract to June 2025 which reportedly doubled his salary from £5m per year to £10m per year. This was because of the interest in him from Arsenal at that time.

So to buy his contract out would cost us £35m. Plus his coaching staff and head of recruitment. That would probably make it over £40m.

We can't afford that.
Which is why he will get as long as possible. But things are coming to a head here.

I still have no idea who we could replace him with who'd do a better job.

We can't afford that.

That's assuming a load of clauses weren't thrown in but yeah. The pay rate is rarely an issue with these things compared to length of contract. I'll be fummin if Man Utd were actually interested but we turned offers down.

I still have no idea who we could replace him with who'd do a better job.

Someone willing to accept when things are going wrong and don't go shopping for shite? When our job comes up managers will want it.

That's assuming a load of clauses weren't thrown in but yeah. The pay rate is rarely an issue with these things compared to length of contract. I'll be fummin if Man Utd were actually interested but we turned offers down.
Hopefully with the next manager we'll pioneer a new "if the team turns into a load of soft twats who can't defend a cross, we can sack you for free" clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263