Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure we can afford to sack him. Two years ago tomorrow he signed a contract to June 2025 which reportedly doubled his salary from £5m per year to £10m per year. This was because of the interest in him from Arsenal at that time.

So to buy his contract out would cost us £35m. Plus his coaching staff and head of recruitment. That would probably make it over £40m.

We can't afford that.
Selling our most saleable asset (Youri) before he leaves on a free might make it possible.

Got to say for me I was edging on the side of sticking with him but after hearing all that 'this is our level we were overachieving before' garbage he lost me. If he truly believes it that was terrible and he shouldn't be at an ambitious forward thinking club. If it was just excuses to cover up that he's not sure how to turn it around or bide time then it's still not great because it's created a defeatist attitude.

Hopefully with the next manager we'll pioneer a new "if the team turns into a load of soft twats who can't defend a cross, we can sack you for free" clause

A reduced payout after so many seasons is what I'm hoping is the case tbh. If he's going in June or whatever then it makes muddling along this season more palatable. Hopefully Man Utd are still a bunch of mentalists.

Tell you one thing I would do if I was Top.

I’d immediately pause that stadium expansion. Could be catastrophic if paired with relegation (the underlying data suggests we are relegation candidates).

Last time we change a long standing shirt sponsor and changed grounds, it didn't work out too well for us.

He’s a complete tosser with a loser mentality. Absolutely ****ing useless.

Why is he still here?

Deary me. He wasn’t so bad when we won the FA cup was he?
You don’t seem too complimentary in the Villa post match thread.

Which were they? The ones where we finished in the top 6 for two season’s running?
The fact we have played absolute dog bob since March.

Oh yeah and the two complete and utter bottle jobs in successive seasons.

I was shocked at our defending this is true, but if I have a flat tyre, I don’t look to buy a new car.
You never wanted Puel to be sacked either. Says it all really.

You never wanted Puel to be sacked either. Says it all really.
I rated the job he had been brought in to do, which was to transition Leicester from a kick and rush counter attacking side to a more possession based side. I rated a few of his signings too. Actually at the Palace game (his last) it was blatantly obvious that his time was done. I will actually always respect him for guiding the club through a very tragic time with decency.

I rated the job he had been brought in to do, which was to transition Leicester from a kick and rush counter attacking side to a more possession based side. I rated a few of his signings too. Actually at the Palace game (his last) it was blatantly obvious that his time was done. I will actually always respect him for guiding the club through a very tragic time with decency.
I never understood why that transition was necessary, and still don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363