Pre Match Roma v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tell you what, I've not been as excited about a pot made of tin for quite a while.

If we win it, we best be careful with the trophy as apparently, when a bar of tin is bent a crackling sound known as the "tin cry" can be heard from the twinning of the crystals so God only knows what sound a pot of tin makes when bent. A tin moan maybe? A tin groan? Oooh ya ****er!

Sn be time to find out if we make it to the final in Tirana.

Atomic weight 50, bellends!

Is it not a paint tin?

Tickets have just arrived by email

Will Roma try and sit and counter or do they normally attack teams when they are at home please excuse my lack of knowledge on them?

Johnston's Paint Tin
Do you have Stan Sport, Ozzie? Presuming Ozzie relates to you being either Australian or in Australia?

So what do we reckon then?

Roma are obviously favourites (2 to 1 on with the bookies to get through).

I think we're at least as good as them on paper but form and fitness means I can't see us winning.

Schmeichel isn't playing well and he'll need to. All our defenders have clangers in them. Our midfield is knackered. Vardy looks like he's forgotten how to play. Barnes is just a mess.

But then you think, haven't you learnt anything? Form doesn't matter with us. 14 years ago today we were relegated at Stoke. We are a rollercoaster club. Never underestimate us. Anything could happen.

Liverpool went two down last night for the first time since we did it against them in the LC. Nobody had beaten them since us in December. Yes, we're shit this year but we can still rattle cages.

By the end of tomorrow we'll know whether this season is another memorable one or a right off. Big night.

So what do we reckon then?

Roma are obviously favourites (2 to 1 on with the bookies to get through).

I think we're at least as good as them on paper but form and fitness means I can't see us winning.

Schmeichel isn't playing well and he'll need to. All our defenders have clangers in them. Our midfield is knackered. Vardy looks like he's forgotten how to play. Barnes is just a mess.

But then you think, haven't you learnt anything? Form doesn't matter with us. 14 years ago today we were relegated at Stoke. We are a rollercoaster club. Never underestimate us. Anything could happen.

Liverpool went two down last night for the first time since we did it against them in the LC. Nobody had beaten them since us in December. Yes, we're shit this year but we can still rattle cages.

By the end of tomorrow we'll know whether this season is another memorable one or a right off. Big night.
write off

Some quotes from Roma fans (translated by Google)

For me we are not favorites, it is a balanced game open to any result

It will be very hard.
It will be necessary to put everything on the pitch, possibly even the ass ...

my only concern is our physical condition. in the last three games I have seen a team in difficulty, often in its most important men (abraham above all).

if unfortunately we take the lead I don't think we would be able to find the strength to score two goals with them that can start again.

and the absence of miky is important. I see 45% - 55% for them.

Imho 60% us 40% them

I confirm the prediction
penalties
or defeat in the 90 '
I have seen the team a little in difficulty in recent times so apart from superstition it will be very hard
then without miki

Another very important thing will be to look for set kicks and corner kicks as they are vulnerable in this one.

Surely Mourinho will have taken care of this aspect, it is the team that has conceded the most goals from a standing ball in Europe after Greuther Fürth, last in the Bundesliga.

I am almost convinced that we will not pass the round because by now I am completely resigned to the fact that Roma never win anything.
This is sad, but it almost seems like a sentence to me.
When you get this close to a goal, it inevitably fades.
I would almost like to wake up in a week.

I am concerned above all by the fatigue factor, today many were not brilliant

I guess / I hope that on Thursday the energies are activated thanks to the importance of the game and the cheering factor

very balanced game. they too, like us, have not won since the return quarter of the Conference. They will be more rested than us but I think that in these matches the tiredness is felt less. I'm afraid to delude myself because you see the external ranking of the premier and they are 17th. (in the eighth house). But we must go without the fear of losing but with the dream of going to the final. Go Rome

It is for these matches that you become a football fan. Can't wait for Thursday. Daje Rome!

I make a bitter consideration: let's realize that lately Italy and England have faced each other in England with the whole stadium in favor of England .. We all know how it ended ...
Since karma is Italian but never Roma, I'm afraid of is what

Let's say, however, that we lost the final of the champions cup against an Englishman with the whole stadium in our favor
Not to mention the tennis results in favor of the without bidets
More other eliminations in their favor
I would say that I'm karma it's time that if he does his cocks and gives us a ****ing little revenge.
We've paid a lot of duty with the Queen's subjects

I don't know about you, but I'm worried about this injury. Considering that Veretout, he is already with his head elsewhere and Oliveira looks like a mummy. The only one of leg and quality, was Miki damn!

Absence bloody
for sure But luckily we don't have to come back
A compact and intelligent performance will be needed
And obviously I expect more scoring chances than the cosmic nothing produced there
C have a vulnerable defense the magna fish and chips so trust
Even when the Armenian came out we produced 3 potential scoring opportunities thwarted by the usual brain fog that characterized performances in European away matches

Oh my, what anxiety.
I want to go to the final ****ing, I deserve it is joy

I saw PSV - Leicester, watch out that they know how to do it maybe even more than at home

Thursday will be a battle, a very hard match, but personally I am not afraid, I am confident and I expect that having the special one on the bench will make a difference, given that he is used to winning games like this and it was taken on purpose ... then certainly the players go to the pitch but he is a phenomenon in terms of mental impact and can affect the outcome of the match

At home with the English we have a more than decent performance .....
Indeed, if in England it is a massacre of defeats, at home we have lost only 4 times in over 20 comparisons, of which 2 times with teams clearly superior in mentality and strength of the singles (United in 2008 and Arsenal in 2003) ....

The only direct clashes lost at home, when the two teams were not too far apart in strength, were with City (still in pissing mode in Europe, although not at Mancini's level , where they were eliminated as last from the Champions League group) in the Champions group in 2014, and the first leg of the Uefa Cup in 2001 (damn Owen) ....

The pace of the Cristante-Oliveira combo against a PL team scares me a bit. but if Veretout doesn't fit with feelings, there are few alternatives.

This thing about miki is really a big problem, at this moment it is really too important for our game dynamics. Now there is a Roma with Miki and one without, the results also say so, this year in the league he missed 3 games and in one he played less than in the past: Verona-Rome 3-2 (25 '), Venice-Rome 3 -2 (Bench), Roma-Verona 2-2 (covid), Udinese-Roma 1-1 (Disqualification), just to explain, before Napoli and Inter we made 5 wins in 7 games, we made 2 draws when he was missing, even yesterday we conceded goals after he came out.
Tactically at the moment there are 4 players that Roma have serious difficulties in replacing: Miki, Smalling, Cristante (that's what makes me crazy, we don't have another at the level of Cristante in that role ...) and Abraham.

My biggest fear is that practically playing a one-on-one game with the Olimpico full and all the pressure that comes with it can turn out to be a tremendous boomerang.

:102:

Thanks Jeff -
When the chips are down, trust City's defense to look like a big fish out of water?

Good to hear both sets of fans are full of confidence for this one!

For me we are not favorites, it is a balanced game open to any result

It will be very hard.
It will be necessary to put everything on the pitch, possibly even the ass ...

my only concern is our physical condition. in the last three games I have seen a team in difficulty, often in its most important men (abraham above all).

if unfortunately we take the lead I don't think we would be able to find the strength to score two goals with them that can start again.

and the absence of miky is important. I see 45% - 55% for them.

Imho 60% us 40% them

I confirm the prediction
penalties
or defeat in the 90 '
I have seen the team a little in difficulty in recent times so apart from superstition it will be very hard
then without miki

Another very important thing will be to look for set kicks and corner kicks as they are vulnerable in this one.

Surely Mourinho will have taken care of this aspect, it is the team that has conceded the most goals from a standing ball in Europe after Greuther Fürth, last in the Bundesliga.

I am almost convinced that we will not pass the round because by now I am completely resigned to the fact that Roma never win anything.
This is sad, but it almost seems like a sentence to me.
When you get this close to a goal, it inevitably fades.
I would almost like to wake up in a week.

I am concerned above all by the fatigue factor, today many were not brilliant

I guess / I hope that on Thursday the energies are activated thanks to the importance of the game and the cheering factor

very balanced game. they too, like us, have not won since the return quarter of the Conference. They will be more rested than us but I think that in these matches the tiredness is felt less. I'm afraid to delude myself because you see the external ranking of the premier and they are 17th. (in the eighth house). But we must go without the fear of losing but with the dream of going to the final. Go Rome

It is for these matches that you become a football fan. Can't wait for Thursday. Daje Rome!

I make a bitter consideration: let's realize that lately Italy and England have faced each other in England with the whole stadium in favor of England .. We all know how it ended ...
Since karma is Italian but never Roma, I'm afraid of is what

Let's say, however, that we lost the final of the champions cup against an Englishman with the whole stadium in our favor
Not to mention the tennis results in favor of the without bidets
More other eliminations in their favor
I would say that I'm karma it's time that if he does his cocks and gives us a ****ing little revenge.
We've paid a lot of duty with the Queen's subjects

I don't know about you, but I'm worried about this injury. Considering that Veretout, he is already with his head elsewhere and Oliveira looks like a mummy. The only one of leg and quality, was Miki damn!

Absence bloody
for sure But luckily we don't have to come back
A compact and intelligent performance will be needed
And obviously I expect more scoring chances than the cosmic nothing produced there
Even when the Armenian came out we produced 3 potential scoring opportunities thwarted by the usual brain fog that characterized performances in European away matches

Oh my, what anxiety.
I want to go to the final ****ing, I deserve it is joy

I saw PSV - Leicester, watch out that they know how to do it maybe even more than at home

Thursday will be a battle, a very hard match, but personally I am not afraid, I am confident and I expect that having the special one on the bench will make a difference, given that he is used to winning games like this and it was taken on purpose ... then certainly the players go to the pitch but he is a phenomenon in terms of mental impact and can affect the outcome of the match

At home with the English we have a more than decent performance .....
Indeed, if in England it is a massacre of defeats, at home we have lost only 4 times in over 20 comparisons, of which 2 times with teams clearly superior in mentality and strength of the singles (United in 2008 and Arsenal in 2003) ....

The only direct clashes lost at home, when the two teams were not too far apart in strength, were with City (still in pissing mode in Europe, although not at Mancini's level , where they were eliminated as last from the Champions League group) in the Champions group in 2014, and the first leg of the Uefa Cup in 2001 (damn Owen) ....

The pace of the Cristante-Oliveira combo against a PL team scares me a bit. but if Veretout doesn't fit with feelings, there are few alternatives.

This thing about miki is really a big problem, at this moment it is really too important for our game dynamics. Now there is a Roma with Miki and one without, the results also say so, this year in the league he missed 3 games and in one he played less than in the past: Verona-Rome 3-2 (25 '), Venice-Rome 3 -2 (Bench), Roma-Verona 2-2 (covid), Udinese-Roma 1-1 (Disqualification), just to explain, before Napoli and Inter we made 5 wins in 7 games, we made 2 draws when he was missing, even yesterday we conceded goals after he came out.
Tactically at the moment there are 4 players that Roma have serious difficulties in replacing: Miki, Smalling, Cristante (that's what makes me crazy, we don't have another at the level of Cristante in that role ...) and Abraham.

My biggest fear is that practically playing a one-on-one game with the Olimpico full and all the pressure that comes with it can turn out to be a tremendous boomerang.
We've paid a lot of duty with the Queen's subjects.

I think we can all agree with this

Surprised at how big a deal it is for Roma, given they are a “traditional” European club. If it was one of our “big six” I’m sure their forums would be much less up for it.

Tricky one to call - but at least we’ll be playing our actual defence, not the calamity of the weekend.

Wouldn’t confidently guess either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570