Rooney is fecked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy Genius

Banned
Just being carried off against Chelsea with a bad leg injury...

Rooney to miss world cup?

Rooney has just been stretchered off against Chelsea. Looks like he has broken his foot again... goodbye any world cup chance we had.

Defoe and Crouch upfront it is!!!!

** PS yes i know i spelt his name wrong in the heading!!!

Last edited:
Re: Roonwy to miss world cup?

Babylon said:
Rooney has just been stretchered off against Chelsea. Looks like he has broken his foot again... goodbye any world cup chance we had.

Defoe and Crouch upfront it is!!!!

Probably better to wait until it's been diagnosd before we worry too much, sometimes it's not as bad as it looks.
Also it looks like Owen could be OK for the World Cup, he's expected to be involved for Newcastle today.

Boy Genius said:
Just being carried off against Chelsea with a bad leg injury...

Rooney aint the only one thats fecked. Our world cup chances are as well. :mad:

Paulo Ferreira you stupid Portuguese TWAT.

Maybe it was revenge from Scolari. :icon_wink

Mike Hunt Smells said:

it was actually carvalho and they reckon it might not be too bad-well we can hope so anyway

Mike Hunt Smells said:

No we aint...... England is not a one player team.

drummindefender said:
it was actually carvalho and they reckon it might not be too bad-well we can hope so anyway

Oh right, BBC said it was Ferreira. Same bloody difference.

joe501 said:
if rooney has a broken foot/ankle whatever, we will not win the world cup! :(
That isn't a serious statement surely?

We probabaly won't win it anyway

Last edited:
joe501 said:
we've got a good a chance as any, apart from brazil
We have, I may be being harsh on him, but he has got more chance of contributing to our failure than our success. The stupid neanderthal is more then likely to be responsible for getting us down to 10 players and costing us a place in the semis or the final

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
We have, I may be being harsh on him, but he has got more chance of contributing to our failure than our success. The stupid neanderthal is more then likely to be responsible for getting us down to 10 players and costing us a place in the semis or the final

Melton this is uncanny.................again just my thoughts..:eek:

I too, must be some sort of Boy Genius. It must be the the influence Heavy Metal has on us

Melton Fox said:

I think you're being harsh on him. He's played around 200 games in his career and has only been sent off twice, and never when he's been playing for England. That's a better record than players like Gerrard and Beckham.

webmaster said:
I think you're being harsh on him. He's played around 200 games in his career and has only been sent off twice, and never when he's been playing for England. That's a better record than players like Gerrard and Beckham.
But it is when he is under pressure that he reacts badly ala Beckham

Sir Alex Ferguson was reluctant to comment on the extent of Wayne Rooney's foot injury after Manchester United's defeat at Chelsea.
Rooney was stretchered off 10 minutes from time at Stamford Bridge after hurting his foot following a tackle by Paulo Ferreira.
There were immediate concerns that Rooney could miss England's World Cup bid, but it now appears the injury is not as serious as first believed.
The 20-year-old boarded the team bus outside of Stamford Bridge on crutches and will return to Manchester for further tests.
While United boss Ferguson appeared to rule Rooney out of his team's closing two games, he was unable to expand on the severity of the injury.
"We will wait until we get to Manchester," Ferguson told Sky Sports 1. "He is in the right hands, we've got the orthopaedic surgeon, the doctor and the physio and he will be looked after.
"It's a sore one, but we will have to wait and see. There's no point making assertions when we don't know the cause or anything.
"When a player is taken off, you are always concerned. We have had quite a few this season - bad injuries - but hopefully Wayne's not a bad one."
Ferguson confirmed Rooney would not figure in Monday's game against Middlesbrough, with Louis Saha and Ruud van Nistelrooy spearheading the charge to hold off Liverpool for second place.
He added: "I think we've got plenty of cover, there's no question about that.
"Ruud van Nistelrooy and Louis Saha will continue on Monday as they finished today and I don't think that's a bad partnership."

Source: http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=383318&CPID=4&clid=114&lid=13&title=Anxious+wait+for+Rooney

That's typical of the kind of reporting that happens these days. There's nothing in the quotes to say the injury isn't as bad as first feared, so either the reporter has made that bit up, or they haven't reported the quotes properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669