Rooney is fecked

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rooney is out of the World Cup then IMO there goes any chance of us winning it.Who else is going to play up front and theres Owen already doubtful/injury prone.He might be a horrible bastard but the fact remains he is a World Class player and we aren't exactly overrun with them especially up front.

Although imo we have a better side than the euro 2004 team, i believe Rooney is the one player impossible to replace. He's got the potential to worry any team and that includes Brazil. It reminds of when Lineker played for us, cos it didn't matter who you played you always felt you had a chance. This will take all hope away if Rooney dosent make it.

Nathan said:
if ronaldinho got injured i'm sure Brazil wouldn't get too worried.

Because they are blessed with more than peter crouch as back up!!!

i believe we have enough goalscorers. most of our goals tend to come from midfield in competitions anway.

Nathan said:
i believe we have enough goalscorers. most of our goals tend to come from midfield in competitions anway.

well said Han...................:038: :038: :038:

It was reported that he used cruches to get on the team coach but this would most likely have been a precaution.

As I said to someone yesterday, I truely believe that the only team that can beat england, as long as we attack when we play Brazil, are england themselves. They only way we wont win is if we bottle it or we have a silly sending off ala beckham.

Just been reported that he has broken a bone in his foot and will be out for an estimated 6 weeks. So I guess he could be included in WC squad, but it would be a gamble to take someone who might not be able to take part.

webmaster said:
Just been reported that he has broken a bone in his foot and will be out for an estimated 6 weeks. So I guess he could be included in WC squad, but it would be a gamble to take someone who might not be able to take part.
Good point but Rooney is probably the only english player I would deffinitely take that gamble on.

Re: Rooney to miss world cup?

Just said on Radio 5 that ROONEY IS OUT FOR 6 WEEKS!!!!!!!!.

What are the implications of his world cup selection? If it is just 6 wks he should go imo.

fcukcov said:
Good point but Rooney is probably the only english player I would deffinitely take that gamble on.

If the option was to take Rooney who might not be able to play until after the first 2-3 matches, or someone like James Beattie, it would have to be Rooney.

webmaster said:
If the option was to take Rooney who might not be able to play until after the first 2-3 matches, or someone like James Beattie, it would have to be Rooney.
I think against paraguay we should play crouch and a.n.other and against trindad to if rooney cant make it, its against Sweden where I would want Rooney tbh.

Last edited:
fcukcov said:
I think against paraguay we should play crouch and a.n.other and against trindad to if rooney cant make it, its against Sweden where I would want Rooney tbh.

Do you think if i volunteered my services i'd get in ahead of crouch?

Lboro fox said:
Do you think if i volunteered my services i'd get in ahead of crouch?
I honestly think he will work really well as our plan b against the south amercian defences who will not be used to playing agianst a player of his ilk.

It was reported on MOTD that Owen was not quite right either after playing the last 30mins against Birmingham, so potentially we could have both of are main strikers are out.

Without Owen AND Rooney we are screwed. Without Owen we are nearly screwed and without Rooney we are very nearly screwed.

The summer just went down the pan IMO.

On the positive side, Sven can employ Bruce as his PR man. "If it hadn't been for those injuries we'd ha' won" :biggrin:

At this rate the fittest person available for that postion will be Lee Morris

Duzza said:
The summer just went down the pan IMO.

Yup... I'm actually feeling really gutted today.

Starting line up has to be...

Crouch
Cole SWP
Gerrard
Lampard Beckham

or maybe

Crouch
Cole Beckham
Gerrard
Lampard Carrick

I'd like to swap crouch for dean ashton but i can't see it happening.

Last edited:
Babylon said:
Yup... I'm actually feeling really gutted today.

Cole SWP .

can we keep politics out of this please :icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00