Rumours - all of them in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit busy at the moment ,I''ll ketchup with all these rumours later..

the club has got peanuts to spend, unless we can get a sugar daddy.

webmaster said:
I've heard that Guy Branston could be coming back.

That would put the defence in a pickle.

I heard that the real reason that Peter Gilbert wants to leave the club is that his middle name has been discovered.

Hello. I'm new here.

I had planned to be just an outsider...and lurk the shit out of this place.

But...I wanted to comment on the joey gudjonsson transfer speculation. I'm from Iceland and recently Joey was in a 3-page interview with an icelandic newspaper where he talked about Leicester. It seemed to me that he really enjoyed playing in a Leicester shirt...if I judge it from this interview. This passion he's showing these days don't suprise me. Joey has always been a player who wants to give 120% each game...that's just his attitude. You know, Joey's been around. He was playing well for clubs in Belgium and Holland and was brought to Real Betis...but that didn't work out and he only played a couple of games. Then he went to Villa and Wolves on loan. It can be frustarating to play with a different team season after season...and he didnt settle down there. Anyways...I'm kinda off topic now. In this interview Joey said he was very happy at Leicester and he had nothing but good to say about the team, the coach and his place in the squad. He's not going anywhere!

utfcv said:
Hello. I'm new here.

But...I wanted to comment on the joey gudjonsson transfer speculation. I'm from Iceland and recently Joey was in a 3-page interview with an icelandic newspaper where he talked about Leicester. It seemed to me that he really enjoyed playing in a Leicester shirt...if I judge it from this interview. This passion he's showing these days don't suprise me. Joey has always been a player who wants to give 120% each game...that's just his attitude. You know, Joey's been around. He was playing well for clubs in Belgium and Holland and was brought to Real Betis...but that didn't work out and he only played a couple of games. Then he went to Villa and Wolves on loan. It can be frustarating to play with a different team season after season...and he didnt settle down there. Anyways...I'm kinda off topic now. In this interview Joey said he was very happy at Leicester and he had nothing but good to say about the team, the coach and his place in the squad. He's not going anywhere!

great news

hope your going to stick around mate

It seems that every player that suddenly strings a few decent performances together gets linked with a possible move away. (Gudjonsson, Gerrbrand) Joey has been great these last few weeks, but i can't see him going anywhere

utfcv said:
Hello. I'm new here.

I think he'd make decent Captain for us.Improved this Season IMO.

utfcv said:
Hello. I'm new here.

welcome.gif

highland fox said:
I think he'd make decent Captain for us.Improved this Season IMO.

He has improved - but I don't think that I would want to burden him with anything that would take his mind off his job.

IMHO captains need to be at one end of the pitch or the other, so that they can see everything that is going on. For that reason I wouldn't look further than Gerrbrand or McCarthy.

utfcv said:
Hello. I'm new here.

I hope you will be sticking around and contributing some more like this!

utfcv said:
He was playing well for clubs in Belgium and Holland

mmmm - we know he played well in Holland. He was in the Waalwijk side that beat us in a pre-season game a few years ago.

Steven said:

mmmm!! FoxesTalk emoticon on Talking Balls!!!

Traitor!!

Apparently we've had Joey's 14 year old brother over here doing some training as well...

I have no doubt Joey has passion for the club, and that in my mind he should be given a new contract. However it's a complicated situation as he'd probably have to have reduced terms compared to what he's on now, so that couldn't really be discussed until the end of the season. Add to that the fact that Weso is coming back, Kisnorbo is a favourite and we need to get rid of some players and I could see Levein deciding not to keep him on and citing 'financial reasons'. :(

If someone offers 1.5 for him in January he'll go, but there is no chance of any team doing that unless he scores 10 goals in his next 5 games or something and the team are desperate.

Leigh said:
I have no doubt Joey has passion for the club, and that in my mind he should be given a new contract. However it's a complicated situation as he'd probably have to have reduced terms compared to what he's on now, so that couldn't really be discussed until the end of the season. Add to that the fact that Weso is coming back, Kisnorbo is a favourite and we need to get rid of some players and I could see Levein deciding not to keep him on and citing 'financial reasons'. :(

If someone offers 1.5 for him in January he'll go

Your reasoning seems to ignore the probability that Williams and Tiatto are nearer to the exit door than Joey is.

Nor am I sure that Joey will be on 'enormous' money. Remember he came from Real Betis at the end of his contract and that Wolves and Villa, both of whom would have been able to pay more, did not sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566