Rumours - all of them in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldnt know why Williams would attract a Prem club either, but sometimes managers do have their favourites (Taylor and Junior Lewis for example), maybe Pearce has always rated Williams. The persistent rumours linking Williams with Man City must have some reason behind it.

Williams could be a decent premiership midfielder. His main issue at present seems to be application, that will change in the premiership I would think.

Don't get me wrong though, the sooner he goes the better IMO.

This is from Clubcall:

Leicester City have handed a trial to Australian midfielder Joel Griffiths.

Foxes boss Craig Levein originally tried to sign the 26-year-old in the summer but the move broke down when his club Neuchatel Xamax demanded a fee of £450,000.

He is now a free agent and is hoping to earn a contract that will boost his chances of featuring in the Socceroos' World Cup campaign next summer.

Griffiths started his career as a striker but was converted to a wide midfielder during his three years in Switzerland.

He made a scoring debut for Australia in the 5-0 win against Jamaica in October.

This sounds as though he could be a rival to Sylla (hopefully) and he can weigh in with a few goals as well (unlike Sylla). :038: :038:

Absolutely shamelessly, cos it's my drum and I bang it long and hard, I quote my earlier observation on Williams - "if he can't find the time/motivation to display the skill he is mysteriously assumed to possess (lost down the sofa?) in our league, why would he in the Prem? Surely these things work more the other way round (e.g. Nalis, Koumas)?"

I still question this assumption that Williams is a good player who lacks application. You can find people in non-league who'll play the odd sumptuous pass/score the odd long-range screamer, they're good players for their level but would struggle on stepping up (I recall Darren Currie delighting the crowds at Barnet, he's not as good now he's at Ipswich). Williams' level is clearly currently too high, we should sell him to Peterborough, or back to Forest. Would they get their sell-on clause then?

Feriol said:
does pearce know williams from his forest days?

Many people seem to think so. :confused: :icon_eek: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669