Ryan Smith goes back to Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox From The Hudd said:
Full details on the OS.

No big surprise but he obviously hasn't got the stomach for a fight.......

This was rumoured elsewhere last week,don't think RK is that keen on him and besides he's been poor since his first 2 or 3 games by all accounts.

highland fox said:
This was rumoured elsewhere last week,don't think RK is that keen on him and besides he's been poor since his first 2 or 3 games by all accounts.
in my opinion levin put to much faith in the kid and picked him ahead of seasonned players.

fleckneyfox said:
in my opinion levin put to much faith in the kid and picked him ahead of seasonned players.

Like Who? We were hardly spoilt for choice for left wingers.

Good move by RK and shows what is important, you can have all the tricks in the world, but without passion, guts, determination and hard work then it is worthless. Good positive move by RK and you begin to wonder how long Sylla and Williams will remain at the club if that is Kelly's view of players who seem uncommitted to the cause.

Fox From The Hudd said:
Full details on the OS.

No big surprise but he obviously hasn't got the stomach for a fight.......

Intersting to note that Arsenal requested that he returned. I would think that they had become aware of his 'mood' and they thought that a longer stay would be detrimental to him on the long term.

It will be interesting to see if we ever hear his name again. And if so, where.

So different from the hopes that his debut at Park Pride engendered.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Good move by RK and shows what is important, you can have all the tricks in the world, but without passion, guts, determination and hard work then it is worthless. Good positive move by RK and you begin to wonder how long Sylla and Williams will remain at the club if that is Kelly's view of players who seem uncommitted to the cause.
:038:

bocadillo said:
Intersting to note that Arsenal requested that he returned. I would think that they had become aware of his 'mood' and they thought that a longer stay would be detrimental to him on the long term.

It will be interesting to see if we ever hear his name again. And if so, where.

Interesting point - Arsenal sent him to Leicester to see if he could prove a point at this level as opposed to being given a run in the League Cup for instance. His attitude as much as anything seems to have failed him which would imply he'll have no long term future with Wenger......

Fox From The Hudd said:
Interesting point - Arsenal sent him to Leicester to see if he could prove a point at this level as opposed to being given a run in the League Cup for instance. His attitude as much as anything seems to have failed him which would imply he'll have no long term future with Wenger......

Whenever I saw him play for Arsenal in the Carling Cup he was the same,in and out the game and he had an attitude problem.He won't get anywhere at Arsenal reminds me a bit of Pennant.

Well, I seem to be the only one who thinks its a shame he's gone, I can understand why but I'd say he's had more than just a couple of good games and on occasions in matches has been the only person worth watching. I don't buy the rumours of an attitude problem either...

Leigh said:
Well, I seem to be the only one who thinks its a shame he's gone, I can understand why but I'd say he's had more than just a couple of good games and on occasions in matches has been the only person worth watching. I don't buy the rumours of an attitude problem either...

He may not have had one here but he has one there,more of a temperment problem than an attitude one though.

he is a quick and skillful player who could develop into something special he may grow into a major talent or fall by the wayside.On the point of attitude well lets just say it wasnt the right attitude for leicester city at this moment in time.In my opinion he thought he was too good to play for us (which may or may not have been true).
His desire was summed up in one moment when he ambled across to take a corner with ten mins left whilst losing. The city crowd dont tolerate passengers simply because we are not good enough.We every man to give 100% just to get a result.

highland fox said:
He may not have had one here but he has one there,more of a temperment problem than an attitude one though.
His problem is he is a lazy fookin' showboater, more interested in what the crowd and his adoring public think to his tricks than what the manager thinks to his commitment and team play.

He needs doing to him what Moron-io did to Joe Cole

Leigh said:
And on occasions in matches has been the only person worth watching.
Best moment was when he was brought on as a sub at Brighton, then taken off a few minutes later ( allegedly still suffering from sickness, nothing to do with the fact he was crap ) and then threw his toys out of the pram big time stylee!

lazzer said:
he is a quick and skillful player who could develop into something special he may grow into a major talent or fall by the wayside.On the point of attitude well lets just say it wasnt the right attitude for leicester city at this moment in time.In my opinion he thought he was too good to play for us (which may or may not have been true).
His desire was summed up in one moment when he ambled across to take a corner with ten mins left whilst losing. The city crowd dont tolerate passengers simply because we are not good enough.We every man to give 100% just to get a result.
Totally agree. The lad obviously has talent, but in our current predicament is not the right type of player for us. Maybe if we were in the top ten we would have seen a bit more of Smith.

Last edited:
When he signed I hoped history was repeating itself - anyone remember a young Arsenal 19 year old we had on loan for a while who made a massive impact - Kevin Campbell??!!!

Fox From The Hudd said:
When he signed I hoped history was repeating itself - anyone remember a young Arsenal 19 year old we had on loan for a while who made a massive impact - Kevin Campbell??!!!
Yes, I remember when his loan came to an end, he did a lap of honour at Filbo. Shame he never seemed to really push on from what he showed when he was with us.

Real Sharapova re Kevin Campbell said:
Yes, I remember when his loan came to an end, he did a lap of honour at Filbo. Shame he never seemed to really push on from what he showed when he was with us.

Almost a goal every three games in a career that stretched over more than 400 games doesn't suggest that he was too bad a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669