ryanair giving away free flights

Status
Not open for further replies.
??

Tell us more.....

just go on ryanair's site they're giving away loads of free flights till tomorrow night. Apparently they got slaughtered didn't see it myself though

Last edited by a moderator:
They are giving away tickets on a regular basis so it's nothing unique just because of the programme...

...which was a bit weird anyway. The charges might be hidden, but you have to be really, really thick to avoid finding them.

I haven't seen the programme, it's on my Sky+ planner though to be watched.

Ryanair's very own Michael O'Leary said he would offer 100,000 free flights for every false claim the Panorama programme made. He claims they made 11 false claims, so therefore is offering 1.1m free seats on selected flights during November & December.

The free flights are actually 1p in each direction, as long as you do not require insurance, can get away with carry on luggage only and are able to pay by visa electron (or via that website I put in the last Ryanair thread).

Ryanair have previously offered free (1p) flights including all taxes etc at least twice in the last 2 months.

I've just made my 7th & 8th flight this year with them, and once again the service was brilliant. I had extra leg room seats on both of my flights, they were both on time, in fact 30 mins early landing going to Malaga, and 15 mins early landing back at East Mids.

Not strictly free - 1p per flight plus the usual (unjustified) £10 fee for, erm, paying. Still, only £10.02 to get to Belfast and back - bargain :thumbs_up that's the next international weekend sorted out.

Not bad, not bad at all, my 2 free flights to Prague come to exactly £152.24

Not a bad price for a free flight.

Not bad, not bad at all, my 2 free flights to Prague come to exactly £152.24

Not a bad price for a free flight.

:icon_lol: Disclaimer: The word 'free' in this context should not be confused with the English word 'free', meaning without charge.

Anyone who can tell me where I stole that joke from wins **** all nowt.

Yes I did, but the cheapest free flight I could get was £2.99 per person each way plus taxes and charges etc

Then you didn't choose the £0.01 flight that says 'Free online check in" next to it.

You chose the £2.99 flights with 'Regular fare' next to it. Those flights are not included in the promotion, and therefore will accumulate the online check fee, and flight taxes.

Last edited:
People dont understand how Ryan Air works, so they cannot get the best fares out of them.

Next week I am flying to Dublin for the day, the tickets cost me £1 each way. That included free on line check in and all taxes and charges. I paid with my Entro pay account, thus avoiding the £5 per ticket surcharge.

I am also going to Turin 28th October and again 23rd January. These tickets cost me £5 and £2.50. Nothing more to pay.

People want to watch out for the promotions as they can change daily.

You've gotta wonder how long Ryanair can grow when it's cheap fares are only accessible to a particular kind of obsessive, while leaving everyone else feeling ripped off.

You've gotta wonder how long Ryanair can grow when it's cheap fares are only accessible to a particular kind of obsessive, while leaving everyone else feeling ripped off.

There must be a lot of 'particular kind of obsessives' about, considering that Ryanair now carries more passengers than any of the other airlines that fly out of the UK. With the average fare at £30 all-in, I imagine they will continue to grow for some time.

Ticket costs any any airline fluctuate daily.

There must be a lot of 'particular kind of obsessives' about, considering that Ryanair now carries more passengers than any of the other airlines that fly out of the UK. With the average fare at £30 all-in, I imagine they will continue to grow for some time.

more than BA??

I overheard the Panorama show and to me it was just a witch-hunt.

I've never used Ryanair but find it ridiculous what people expect. You want to pay next to nothing? expect nothing but the basics!

It's like going into a car showroom. Yes, you can buy a car at the headline rate but it will be bog-standard. It costs a little more to add air conditioning, leather seats, sat nav etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47