Ryanair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxsie

I've just been looking at flights to France in October. We normally drive but at 79p per person each way they seemed like a bargain.

So that's £3.16 one way.

Oh then they add £89.92 tax and fees
and £22.76 aviation tax and wheelchair levy

and I'd like to take one suitcase each, which also automatically forces us to use their check-in facilities - £114 for the pleasure

If I don't deselect priority booking(£15.20) and their insurance (£37.60)

then suddenly my 79p x 4 tickets come to

£282.64 each way.

Not such a bargain after all.

I've just been looking at flights to France in October. We normally drive but at 79p per person each way they seemed like a bargain.

So that's £3.16 one way.

and I'd like to take one suitcase each, which also automatically forces us to use their check-in facilities - £114 for the pleasure

£282.64 each way.

Makes my £350 return to Nice look better :icon_lol:

So that's £3.16 one way.

£282.64 each way.

What dates and how many people? All adults ?

Its getting more expensive to fly day by day,

Here at Schiphol (Amsterdam) they decided to cut the flight tax...but they put up Passenger tax by 13% WTF

it already cost me 29euros a ticket to East Midlands,
50+ euro tax, 25 euro creditcard charge(which is the only form you can pay with unless bmi baby creditcard)
16euros for baggage, on btw its also 11 euros on check in at aiport

I don't understand their tax and fees.
Last year I flew out with one daughter to join the rest of the family, booking at the last minute, and without luggage (which they took in the car), priority, insurance etc, and got tickets including tax for less then a fiver. (Crazy price really)

When we tried to buy an additional ticket for the same flight the taxes alone had gone up to about £20. You'd think it would be a standard amount per flight.

I don't understand their tax and fees.
Last year I flew out with one daughter to join the rest of the family, booking at the last minute, and without luggage (which they took in the car), priority, insurance etc, and got tickets including tax for less then a fiver. (Crazy price really)

When we tried to buy an additional ticket for the same flight the taxes alone had gone up to about £20. You'd think it would be a standard amount per flight.

Ryanair operate in a very different way, I think we all know that. They seem to have a set amount of seats for sale at a very cheap price, then they gradually increase with the next set of seats and so on until the plane is full.

If you can let me know where your intending on flying to in France, and on what dates, how many peeps, I shall if I can get you a better deal.

Ive been told my middle name is Abta :icon_wink

50+ euro tax, 25 euro creditcard charge(which is the only form you can pay with unless bmi baby creditcard)

Oh I didn't get as far as the credit card charge on the website. I'd forgotten that bit.

Deep down I actually think, on an environmental basis, that cheap flights are wrong, but that doesn't stop me taking advantage when available, albeit with a guilty conscience :icon_redf

Ryanair operate in a very different way, I think we all know that. They seem to have a set amount of seats for sale at a very cheap price, then they gradually increase with the next set of seats and so on until the plane is full.

If you can let me know where your intending on flying to in France, and on what dates, how many peeps, I shall if I can get you a better deal.

how do you find out all this stuff???

Thanks for the offer but the airport I'm looking at is a typical Ryanair one ie in the middle of nowhere. But it's very handy for us. It's usually a military one and they only had 2 commercial flights a day last Oct. so the choice is Ryanair or nothing.
I also probably can't book anything at the moment because I'm not totally sure who the 4th person will be.

79p per person each way.

So that's £3.16 one way.

add £89.92 tax and fees

one suitcase each, forces us to use their check-in facilities - £114 for the pleasure

If I don't deselect priority booking(£15.20)

and their insurance (£37.60)

£282.64 each way.

Sounds even more complicated than the Prediction League scoring!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer but the airport I'm looking at is a typical Ryanair one ie in the middle of nowhere. But it's very handy for us. It's usually a military one and they only had 2 commercial flights a day last Oct. so the choice is Ryanair or nothing.
I also probably can't book anything at the moment because I'm not totally sure who the 4th person will be.

Ryanair prices change by the day, or in some cases by the hour.

Ryanair are like marmite, you love them or hate them. I think they are fine. I have flown with them atleast a dozen times and never once had a problem.

When you definitely know your ready to book drop me a PM. I know their website inside out, so you may be missing a box here or there that unless you un-tick it, could cost you extra money.

I am meant to be going to Cork with Ryanair,never flew in my life.I will need drugging before stepping on the plane

Last edited:
I am meant to be going to Cork with Ryanair,never flew in my life.I will need drugging before stepping on the plane

You'l barely be off the ground before they start the descent for landing.

You really are a queen aren't you!

I hate the airline, but I have to use them. I only take cabin baggage and check in on line, never have their insurance and they can stuff their priority boarding fee as well as it never works. The one time I got separated from my son, I told him to say he was about to throw up and the stewardesses got us together....

I am flying with them next week.....:icon_sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670