Ryanair

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's odd but I would almost see it the other way around. Visiting out-laws is a duty - it has to be done - so that is justifiable. Holidays on the other hand are optional and flying is far less justifiable to my way of thinking.

But then everything can be justified if you try hard enough. How else would Mrs Boc have fulfilled the ambition she has had since childhood of being on safari on her 50th birthday?

:018: no it doesn't

Ryanair mulls charge for toilets

Ryanair says it may cost a pound to "spend a penny" on its flights
Irish budget airline Ryanair has said it is considering charging passengers for using the toilet while flying.

Chief executive Michael O'Leary told the BBC that the Dublin-based carrier was looking at maybe installing a "coin slot on the toilet door".

Consumer group Which? said the airline was putting "profit before passengers".

Last week Ryanir confirmed it plans to close all of its airport check-in desks by the end of the year in a bid to reduce the cost of its flights.

'Fast buck'

Ryanair aims to offer low basic ticket prices, and then charge extra for items such as checking in at the airport or for additional luggage.

"One thing we have looked at in the past, and are looking at again, is the possibility of maybe putting a coin slot on the toilet door so that people might actually have to spend a pound to spend a penny in future," he told BBC television.

He added: "I don't think there is anybody in history that has got on board a Ryanair aircraft with less than a pound."

But Rochelle Turner, Head of Research at Which? Holiday, said: "It seems Ryanair is prepared to plumb any depth to make a fast buck and, once again, is putting profit before the comfort of its customers.

"Charging people to go to the toilet might result in fewer people buying overpriced drinks on board, though - that would serve Ryanair right."

At the end of the day there are plenty of airlines, if you don't like Ryanair fly with someone else.

Last edited:
When my dad booked a flight on Ryanair the other week and ended up having to pay loads of added costs, I jokingly said that I'm suprised they don't charge you to use the toilet........

When my dad booked a flight on Ryanair the other week and ended up having to pay loads of added costs, I jokingly said that I'm suprised they don't charge you to use the toilet........

you choose to add the costs to the price of your ticket. I just take hand luggage, check in on line, own insurance and push my way to the front instead of paying for priority booking. I hate the airline but when they have the best costs and flying times you have to use them.

you choose to add the costs to the price of your ticket. I just take hand luggage, check in on line, own insurance and push my way to the front instead of paying for priority booking. I hate the airline but when they have the best costs and flying times you have to use them.

Hand luggage is no good if you're going away for a couple of weeks, and they add a cost if you don't pay for it with a certain type of card.

I don't understand people moaning about this, as BG says, if you want to pay their cheap prices and times then you should expect to pay in other ways. They are charging for a utility, in Europe most public toilets charge entry, so if you don't like it, don't use them. Simples.

Last edited:
if you like theme parks you must go to portaventura. fecking brill, we had 10 days there last summer. pay a bit extra for the queue jumping ticket.
don't bother with the water park...

parts of salou are a bit grim, but you'll find the decent bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669