sacking kelly/board is not answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
it cant be that bad then :icon_bigg :icon_wink
Honestly, I am only going because I have paid. If you were to take the cost of any missed games out and spread it over the cost of the games attended, it'd make it all the more painfull. I have to make each game as cheap as possible to at least half, nay quarter justify going.

Wankers, the lot of 'em. They cause me more hassle and anger than any fecker else I know

:icon_lol: when it gets shite i always think the next game is going to be the one to turn our season around...im still waiting

:icon_lol: when it gets shite i always think the next game is going to be the one to turn our season around...im still waiting
So do I, I seem to remember Chumbawamba saying something about how I feel about that, but soon I think I will say feck it, and not bother getting back up again

Honestly, I am only going because I have paid. If you were to take the cost of any missed games out and spread it over the cost of the games attended, it'd make it all the more painfull. I have to make each game as cheap as possible to at least half, nay quarter justify going.

Wankers, the lot of 'em. They cause me more hassle and anger than any fecker else I know

no wonder you wouldnt join us for a drink you mingey bastard :icon_roll :icon_lol:

Me too. I thought we had under Levein when we slaughtered Sheffield UTD 4-1.

was that only last season...:icon_cry: :icon_cry: what a great performance that was..we all must be stupid to think we will play teams off the park and kick ass :icon_roll :icon_sad:

Looking at the opposition teams every week, in comparison to ours, I find it amazing that we are where we are. In my opinion the squad has more than enough quality to be a top half side, the fact that it isn't I place at the door of the manager and coaching staff.

I do feel tremendous sympathy for RK and MS, because I think they are really good and technically capable guys, but IMO they lack the leadership / inspirational qualities that seperate those managers that succeed from the rest.

One further point, maybe not relevant now, we the fans also need to learn from this. Just because a caretaker manager wins a few games towards the end of a season should never cloud our judgement on wether they are long-term the best man for the job.

One further point, maybe not relevant now, we the fans also need to learn from this. Just because a caretaker manager wins a few games towards the end of a season should never cloud our judgement on wether they are long-term the best man for the job.

To be fair when Basset/Wilko were in charge we played some really good football and no one got carried away then:icon_wink:icon_wink:icon_wink

The 'stark facts' based on the start of the season are that four teams are worse than us - because they're below us in the table. So how does that make us relegation certainties?

I think you've taken my post out of context. I'm not saying we are relegation certainties, infact i'm well aware we are 2 straight wins away from mid table. I've chosen to highlight the worst part of the facts and figures and stated the obvious that those stats will get us relegated. You could say that the two wins and three draws are play-off/promotion form but the point of my post was highlighting the obvious indifferent home form , the lack of goals by our main forward, and general concern over the terrible goals scored per game ratio.

Looking at the opposition teams every week, in comparison to ours, I find it amazing that we are where we are. In my opinion the squad has more than enough quality to be a top half side, the fact that it isn't I place at the door of the manager and coaching staff.

I do feel tremendous sympathy for RK and MS, because I think they are really good and technically capable guys, but IMO they lack the leadership / inspirational qualities that seperate those managers that succeed from the rest.

I agree with most of that except that I think we are dangerously weak up front and that just might be enough to see us relegated.

I think that most people know that RK is a coach and not a manager...and yes, lots of us were only too eager to see him appointed, whilst cold judgement should have prevailed and a more experienced and a manager, with a presence appointed.

It's a difficult one to call now as to whether he should be sacrifice...IMO it is likely to resolve itself later in the season when the board feels compelled to throw the dice again because of the miserable state of affairs.

As Alex says the club is in continuing decline....the future is anything but rosy and frankly we are stuck in a rut unless a minor miracle happens and new financial investors/ benefactors come along.

I can honestly say that I have never been so pessimistic about a turnaround in fortunes.....not so much because the board and management is inadequate, which of course it is but because of the ever widening gap between the 'haves' and 'have-nots' in contemporary football.

Face it guys, whether we like it or not there will be no major changes this side of December, either in management or players.

While loans are possible at present this is not applicable to the premiership, only league clubs, and of course any club in our division is not going to loan us a star striker or midfielder.

If we are in the relegation zone in December then there will be changes, but it wouldnt be any one like Curbishley, he will walk into the next troubled Premiership vacancy ? Spurs.

We could only afford someone cheap and availible if we wanted to have a playing budget also. Brian Little? is Gary Megson about?

It is this management and this team that will get us out of the s**t, or not.

We are in it together. The team seem to play better away at present, so I am hopeful for Birmingham and have my first away tickets of the season. These are a young side and an inexperienced manager and will lose confidence easily. Much as its great fun to Boo, it wont help.

I predicted before the first match that a loss would mean Manager Sacked by Christmas. That is looking more likely, but it would be like trading a Austin Maxi for an Allegro. That is all we can afford, any dreams of buying in great players or managers is just a pipe dream.

These are the doldrum years that City go through once a decade or so, before bouncing back to a relative good period. This has always been the way. These are the years that count so when we are back up you can boast about being a supporter in the Kelly years, and sneer at the glory hunters. If you are not happy with that then a man down the market will sell you a Chelsea shirt and you can watch on Sky like all the others.

City til I die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69