SAVE THE BOWSTRING BRIDGE.... or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
the decision has already been made and (allegedly) there will be a wedge of cash heading the council's way.... we need for facilities for the students in Leicester after all. Its getting stupid now the way they favour the students.

Last edited:
I've just been reading the comments from the locals and added my support on the LCS website, its a disgrace that we turn our spineless backs on our history and yet it is the past that directs us to the future. Leicester Council have no vision and no future just pure greed, they should be ashamed of themselves. They are raping the city of its history and soon its reason for its existence will be a few more modern buildings with about as much character as the council official who signs the demolish notice. I hope they are all proud of their non achievement.

seems a shame for it to go....even more of a shame that they shut the railway in the Beeching cuts

Yes Beeching was an ass, but at the time what did he know. Once again we don't learn from the past, its very strange how every developing country in the world has built or is building high speed rail links, China has some of the most comfortable trains I have traveled on, all European made of course but still, India is expanding its system and England, too busy ripping up the past to think about the future.

Knock it down, bloody eyesore. Lets have some progress.

Yes its an English bridge hence the reason for its immediate downfall, if it was an Indian bridge it would be painted red, blessed and saved.

Yes Beeching was an ass, but at the time what did he know. Once again we don't learn from the past, its very strange how every developing country in the world has built or is building high speed rail links, China has some of the most comfortable trains I have traveled on, all European made of course but still, India is expanding its system and England, too busy ripping up the past to think about the future.

In the context of this thread, that has got to be the most idiotic thing I have read in a long while on here.

Although its a shame the bridge is going, I am more fed up that the Pump & Tap pub is being demolished too...sodding students

Could the council not get one of those special loans to repair it? Cant think of the name right now

Could the council not get one of those special loans to repair it? Cant think of the name right now

they dont want to, DMU has obviously hit the right level of cash incentive for them to go ahead with this.

Fix it? The Bridge doesnt go anywhere anymore, its useless.

This is a total over reaction, its a railway bridge for a non exsistant line !

Its not like were knocking down Jewellery Wall!

Jewellery wall? Is it like willy wonkas factory of the jewellery world?

There would be uproar if the council had to spend 500k plus of taxpayers money to restore it. Same applies to the likes of Braunstone Hall despite the moaning.

I just can't see what you'd turn the Bow Bridge into to be honest or what kind of landmark or would it bring to the city if it stayed but cleaned up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46