Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Street - 6/10. Sums up the 2 sides of football reasonably well, the good side, the singing chanting and us vs them attitude and the bad, the violence.

I don't think it was entirely accurate though and was full of mockneys.

I'm with you on Green Street. Just got hold of 'The Football factory' via ebay - any good?

I'm with you on Green Street. Just got hold of 'The Football factory' via ebay - any good?

Not seen it yet, might watch it to compare.

I'm not really a huge fan of football violence films, I find that no matter how hard they try not to, they always end up glorifying it in some way.

La Dolce Vita - Amazing! but still not as good as 8 1/2

Green Street - 6/10. Sums up the 2 sides of football reasonably well, the good side, the singing chanting and us vs them attitude and the bad, the violence.

I don't think it was entirely accurate though and was full of mockneys.

To be honest, I thought that was the biggest joke of a film I've ever seen.
Had absolutely no insight into the realities of football violence and was just a ham attempt at presenting it to a middle class audience with absolutely no depth whatsoever.

Green street is the biggest pile of wank i have EVER seen. utter false toss.

Football factory is 800 times better.

Fake ****ing londoners, as it there isn't enough of em to play themselves.

Green street is the biggest pile of wank i have EVER seen. utter false toss.

Football factory is 800 times better.

Fake ****ing londoners, as it there isn't enough of em to play themselves.

Exactly, pile of wank, why didn't I think of that? Perfect description.

To be honest, I thought that was the biggest joke of a film I've ever seen.
Had absolutely no insight into the realities of football violence and was just a ham attempt at presenting it to a middle class audience with absolutely no depth whatsoever.

Absolutely agree - a joke of a film which had more success Stateside than here.

Favourite bullshit scenes were a 14 year old lad dying in a Millwall ruck?!? What kind of numbskell would put his son at that kind of risk, a fight-off on the bank of the Themes with no real connection to Football at all and then some chap turns up with a Land Rover and stops it and my favourite, when Frodo is reading the paper and begins to pick teams out of it - Arsenal, Tottenham.......and his eyes for some reason decide to look at the League 1 table 'Millwall'. What a load of bollocks!

1/10

Football Factory is ok - but I prefered the 'pirated' ending than the actual ending. The book is also dire and nothing like the film.

Football Factory is ok - but I prefered the 'pirated' ending than the actual ending. The book is also dire and nothing like the film.

Agreed hazz, very, very overrated book, his 'England away' & 'Headhunters' I thought were better, but still not great.

I thought Headhunters was ok but I couldn't bothered reading 'England away' after two dosage's of that kind of writing.

You didn't miss much. 'Headhunters' was the best of a bad lot.

'In the hands of the gods' ****ing superb.

Dont go and see this is you enjoy the usual hollywood fake toss. It is a perfect and well made docufilm that follows a group of free style footballers as they busk there way from new york to argentina with 0 money.

No actors, it is a camera crew following the actual lads. Some real highs and lows and a great journey.

Any real football fan should go and see it IMO.

Ive been watching a lot of the more recent superhero movies lately, but I really wish I hadnt seen the one I just did!.....Ghost Rider :thumbs_do :090:

Lets put it into perspective

Superman Returns - Brilliant. 9/10

Batman Begins - Best film Ive seen for years. 10/10

Ghost Rider - -1/10. Absolute.....utter......trash! Why Nic Cage ever decided to do this movie is a mystery to me. Thats 2 hours of my life I'll never get back :mad:

Ive been watching a lot of the more recent superhero movies lately, but I really wish I hadnt seen the one I just did!.....Ghost Rider :thumbs_do :090:

Lets put it into perspective

Superman Returns - Brilliant. 9/10

Ghost Rider - -1/10. Absolute.....utter......trash! Why Nic Cage ever decided to do this movie is a mystery to me. Thats 2 hours of my life I'll never get back :mad:

Why you went to see it is a mystery to me! It looked rubbish in its previews!

Why you went to see it is a mystery to me! It looked rubbish in its previews!

Like hell did I go out to see it! I had it delivered to my door :biggrin:

Like I said, I've been trying to watch a lot of the recent superhero movies and this counted as one. Unfortunately, its a big pile of shit :081:

If you haven't seen it yet, watch Memento. It's another Christopher Nolan film, and one of the best films i've seen this century so far. In fact it's one of the best thrillers since Hitchcock IMO

Gridiron Gang - 8/10

Its a lot like Coach Carter, which is one of favourite films of recent years. Both quality films and both also based on true stories. I recommend them to anyone.

Plus The Rock is a total legend! :038:

Gridiron Gang - 8/10

Its a lot like Coach Carter, which is one of favourite films of recent years. Both quality films and both also based on true stories. I recommend them to anyone.

Plus The Rock is a total legend! :038:

I actually picked this up in the video shop a couple of weeks ago & then put it back on the shelf really quickly after I'd read the cover, it looked like one of the worst films in the history of cinema. :icon_lol:

The fact it has some wrestler in it leads me to think my assessment is probably correct.

Brought a load of DVD's this afternoon

Blood Diamond - £7
Platoon - £3
Enter The Dragon - £3
Dirty Dozen - £5
Green Berets - £5
28 Days Later - £4
Green Street - £3
Taxi Driver - £3

£33. Bargain!

I actually picked this up in the video shop a couple of weeks ago & then put it back on the shelf really quickly after I'd read the cover, it looked like one of the worst films in the history of cinema. :icon_lol:

The fact it has some wrestler in it leads me to think my assessment is probably correct.

The last person I knew who used that term is my Grandad.

I will always remember the times my Dad took me to Video Shop. Chuck Norris being the stable video rented, one time Indecent Proposal was in the case instead of Tron and then also the time my Dad encourage me to rent the Crying Game. I watched eventually ten years later, quite disturbing that the film ending shows his/her's schlong.

Last edited:
The last person I knew who used that term is my Grandad.

I will always remember the times my Dad took me to Video Shop. Chuck Norris being the stable video rented, one time Indecent Proposal was in the case instead of Tron and then also the time my Dad encourage me to rent the Crying Game. I watched eventually ten years later, quite disturbing that the film ending shows his/her's schlong.

So what would the modern vernacular be then? :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69