Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Babel, wow, get's you thinking. 7.5/10 (Got to be in the right mood to watch though)

Is there not a quite visual masterbation scene involving a kid?

Went to see The Cottage, silly piss take on dark horror genre. Had Reece Shearsmith in but wasn't up to League of Gentlemen sillyness, funny enough. 6/10

Knocked Up, good comedy with a fair amount of laughs, not least when you see her chuff opening up during child birth! 8/10

I got halfway through watching Russian war film 9th Company the other night, it was excellent but I had to stop because the clock was touching 3 and there was still a long way to go.

It's on Film4 at 10.35pm on Friday night this week. It's set in the late 80s when the Russki's attempted to 'liberate' Afghanistan. In a similar vein to Full Metal Jacket, it follows a set of lads from training to war.

Blue State 7/10

About a voter who drunkenly vows to move to Canada if George Bush gets into power again. I thought it was really good, no real amazing story line but just a general feel good film, achieves the status of a romance without ever being too romantic and certainly does not fall into 'Chick Flic' genre.

More than worth a watch.

Just watched '300', thought it was quite good but i dont understand the bad reviews ive just read on the internet. 7.5/10

The Other Boleyn Girl - I thought it was alright, abit fanciful but then again, what do you expect?

7 on 10 - Lets make love!

watched blood diamond last night went on a bit too long but was still good id give it 7/10

Borderland 7/10

Very good film i thought, kept me entertained and im usually not one for the simple american flic, i prefer art house types like Bella etc.

Angelas ashes:icon_redf I liked it:icon_redf 8/10. Also watched step up over the weekend, liked that too 8/10.

40 Year old virgin, didn't expect to like it as I don't like Steve Correll, but was actually very very funny, 9/10 just for the song scene at the end!

Also then watched Superbad, a big let down after 40YOV and Knocked Up, 5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00