Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
40 Year old virgin, didn't expect to like it as I don't like Steve Correll, but was actually very very funny, 9/10 just for the song scene at the end!

I had a chest wax on the strength of that scene in 40YOV. Full though, not left half way :icon_bigg

Land of the Dead - Lost all the coldness and isolation that made the original trilogy so amazing, but still enough flesh eating action to please. 6/10

Inland Empire - I cant believe it took me so long to getting round to watching this. ****ing incredible! 10/10

3.10 to Iouma. Western with Russell Crowe and Christian Bale. Good dit. Been a while since I've watched a good western, 8/10.

Idocracy. 6/10 not the worst film ever, was funny at times
Also watched the Leicester vs Tranmere final last night 10/10 first time i'd watched it since being there that day, oh the memories. Watched abit of the Leicester vs middlesborough replay too 10/10.

Idocracy. 6/10 not the worst film ever, was funny at times
Also watched the Leicester vs Tranmere final last night 10/10 first time i'd watched it since being there that day, oh the memories. Watched abit of the Leicester vs middlesborough replay too 10/10.

Funny that, we only watched it last week like you for the first time since the day. Did you buy it cheapo from the club shop then as well? :icon_bigg

Funny that, we only watched it last week like you for the first time since the day. Did you buy it cheapo from the club shop then as well? :icon_bigg

Nope, I borrowed a box set of all 4 winning finals off the birds granddad about 3 months ago, only got round to watching any last night. I thought we played some nice football, what we'd give for a Matty Elliot or a muzzy Izzet or a Neil Lennon or a Emile Heskey now tbf though i think even some of the Tranmere players would improve out current squad.

Run Fat Boy Run - 7/10

Very funny in parts and on the whole entertaining, worth watching just for the Landlords daughter, wow she was fine.

Cloverfield 7/10

Enjoyed this more than I thought I would, another Handicam POV style movie. No attempt is made to explain how or why there's a monster stomping around New York squashing people & buildings but it works quite well.

30 days of night - 7/10 Quite a good vampire romp, bit of a soppy ending but altogether quite enjoyable.

Sweeney Todd - 7/10 Very very musical (more than I expected) but visually stunning as per for Burton, good acting, bit of bad dubbing but quite fun

in bruges - 6/10 couldnt really get to grips with the dry humour parts quickly followed by someone having half a dozen bullets rained into them, the humour bits were good though but the violence side of things was a bit ott but it is an 18-rated film

Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford - yawn, 4/10.
Kingdom, some films get very near the knuckle, 7.5/10

Sweeney Todd: 1/10 only lasted 5 mins- I hate musicals
Kingdom 7/10 better than people were saying
bank Job 5.5/10 first half is boring, second half not bad
WAR 7.5/10 not bad
bridge to terabithia 2/10 how can the goody two shoes girl just die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00