Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The third Mummy film.

Save your time and don't bother.

4/10 (and that's just for Brendan Fraser)

**** me - if Brendan Fraser is the good part of a movie it must be one steaming pile of grade A horseshit.

Transiberian - Brilliant movie all around. Don't know when it wil be out over there but I thoroughly recommend it.

Transiberian - Brilliant movie all around. Don't know when it wil be out over there but I thoroughly recommend it.

I left a small review on here, it's a stunning film, really well made.

Last edited:
Streetkings 6/10 umm!

Wednesday 20th August.

For some reason, Get Smart and Hellboy are opening on a Wednesday. I can only think it's to get a buzz before bank holiday weekend.

I reckon the popularity of Orange Wednesdays may be key.

The cinema is packed on wednesdays (which is when we go for the same reason), especially when a new film is out.

I reckon the popularity of Orange Wednesdays may be key.

The cinema is packed on wednesdays (which is when we go for the same reason), especially when a new film is out.

Do orange wednesday's count for new films? I always thought that it took into account the FLS status?

i thought it was pure and utter, american corny shit and i liked the first 3 die hards.

This..

There is just something lacking from this fourth instalment. I think the fact that you can tell what is going to happen at every point right through the film, before it happens is a massive problem. Perhaps they've just done the formula to death..

I'd give it a generous 5/10, worth a watch if you're a fan but not a patch on either of the previous three.

This..

There is just something lacking from this fourth instalment. I think the fact that you can tell what is going to happen at every point right through the film, before it happens is a massive problem. Perhaps they've just done the formula to death..

I'd give it a generous 5/10, worth a watch if you're a fan but not a patch on either of the previous three.

IMO it's better than 3 but worse than the others, my preferred order is 2, 1, 4, 3

Hell boy II 7.5/10 He's a cool funny dude.
Black Knight 9/10 excellent

Vantage Point, assasination story told from about 8 different perspectives. good film, but wrapped up in a too convenient fashion.

step-brothers

not as good as some other will ferral films but still pretty funny,
"its like masterbating in a time machine"
7/10

Meant to add-

Notes on a scandal - 7.5/10 good enough acting but a bit of a slightly tedious storyline for me.

the Fall

pretty weird 6/10

IMO it's better than 3 but worse than the others, my preferred order is 2, 1, 4, 3

The first one is by far the best I reckon. 3 was my second favourite one (that's the one with Samuel L Jackson in right?).

Cloverfield - 8.5/10 - I think the whole "hand-held" effect works a lot better here than in say Blair Witch, and it's quite a good take on the age old "monster attacks New York" idea.

I was totally unimpressed with Cloverfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670