Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transsiberian - 8/10 Very very good film, keeps you on edge throughout

Jumper 5/10, bloody daft, but makes you think what if you could actually do that, what would you get up to?

6/10

The new Batman - 9/10 Oh yes very very good. Ledger is excellent in it but so is the rest of the cast, good choice in Maggie over Katie Holmes as well. Watched it in IMAX and was well worth the travel and bit of extra cost.

The new Batman - 9/10 Oh yes very very good. Ledger is excellent in it but so is the rest of the cast, good choice in Maggie over Katie Holmes as well. Watched it in IMAX and was well worth the travel and bit of extra cost.

i couldnt stand maggie, but at least she wont be in the next film.

Lazytown - Anyone can be a Hero

5 episodes for your £7

Overall, average entertainment. Villain is always Robbie Rotten, Sportacus and the kids manage to save the day on all occasions. Good song in each episode.

Disappointed that none of the cast has managed to figure out the amount of puppets yet, and also the conundrum of how Stephanie can be related to a puppet (Uncle Milford Meanswell) is not solved - Is her aunty a human? Did she mate with a puppet? All very confusing.

Also, none of the kids seem to have parents. This is most odd. Perhaps they were lost in a particulaly nasty plastic smelting accident. Yet again, this mystery is not solved in this dvd.

6/10

Down, down turnaround, having fun is what it's all about.

That's what I thought.

Serenity - 9/10 good sci-fi.

Get Smart - 9/10

I knew I was going to like this when it opened with ABBA's Take A Chance On Me :icon_bigg

It's a spoof, so if it's silliness that gets you chuckling, you'll love it.
I've never heard so much laughing when I've been to the pictures - it's pretty constant from start to finish.

Going to continue my Train related viewing tonight and take in 'Darjeeling Limited'

Plus i will be taking this trip next year so nice bit of research.

Going to continue my Train related viewing tonight and take in 'Darjeeling Limited'
Most enjoyable film.

I wish you the same level of enjoyment I got whilst watching it.

Most enjoyable film.

I wish you the same level of enjoyment I got whilst watching it.

8/10 for me

Your right Melts I thoroughly enjoyed it. A really colourful and vibrant film, I really do like Wes Anderson, a real different feel to his films.

8/10 for me

Your right Melts I thoroughly enjoyed it. A really colourful and vibrant film, I really do like Wes Anderson, a real different feel to his films.

Didn't like it,

I thought started off well then they seem to run out of ideas in the script and just made up the story as they filmed it.

Tony Jaa's Warrior King - 10/10

Outstanding martial arts flick. Action scenes intensify as the movie progresses and eventually it culminates in to quite possibly the greatest martial arts scene of all time! Bought this as a Tony Jaa double dvd off play.com with another of his films I liked called 'Ong-Bak'

[youtube]hi399mFwsB8[/youtube]

I loved it, not really for the squeemish that bit, IMO the sound effects are so bad they are brilliant :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00