Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Great Debaters 8/10

Truely superb acting from every single character of importance throughout the entire film.
Denzel delivers a performance that I have come to expect from one of the finest in his trade and the young debaters are extremely realistic and talented, all backed up by Forest Whitaker who I think is the most underated actor around.

I love a film that is not your average pile of hollywood garbage or a effortless remake that requires less thought than a puzzle on the back of an advent calander, The Great Debaters certainly hit the spot.

Pending Reviews

Reservation Road
August Rush

Last edited:
National Treasure - 6/10 a bit slow but generally entertaining
National Treasure 2 - 7.5/10 much better and very enjoyable but still not a patch on the original Indies.

Find Me Guilty - 8/10

Awsome courtroom drama, Vin Dielsel shows he can seriously act.

National Treasure - 6/10 a bit slow but generally entertaining
National Treasure 2 - 7.5/10 much better and very enjoyable but still not a patch on the original Indies.

i like both these films, in the press etc they have generally got slated.

hope they do a 3rd.

Me too, but would have marked the first higher than the second. The press slated the second as 'more of the same', but that's what I was after when I watched it so was happy enough.

Batman - 9/10. Only loses a point because I thought it went on a bit too long. Ledger was magnificent, but so were most of the other cast. I think Oldman is superb in these films as Gordon is such a different character to his usual nutcase.

I went to see the Dark Knight yesterday at Vue, i really enjoyed it. Ledger's Joker is by far the best Joker, and have to say i think Bale is the best batman.

All the cast were excellent.

9/10

i didnt like maggie gylenhal (or however you spell it) as the meant to be attractive woman, cant imagine men fighting over her really very very average looking.

Forest v Reading 2/10.

Boring as hell, with a cast of wannabee superstars all of whom were nowhere near good enough. They just couldn't reach the gripping climax.

Much preferred watching Leicester v MK Dons, far more entertaining, and with possibly a higher class of actor. Tailed off towards the end though, but had a nice happy ending. 7/10.

Im going to watch 'One upon a time in America' later. Cant wait.

"Ong-Bak" - really enjoyed it, not generally a massive fan of Martial Arts flicks but I do like them and this is now one of my very favourites - plenty of elbows and knees.

8.5/10

Enjoyed it so much I ordered it on dvd with another Tony Jaa film, the Warrior King or something like that....

My Super Ex Girlfriend 5/10

Uma Thurman, Eddie Izzard.

Enjoyable shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Newcastle611
6Chelsea510