Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knocked up on sky, thought i would hate it but it is a really good, odd rom-com.

8/10

If Knocked up on sky is the same as Knocked up, then I thought I would hate it too... and I was absolutely correct, complete monkey anal fungus on a crusty wank sock.

The Happening - WANK

No Country For Old Men - Can't really be bothered to go in to any detail but really enjoyed it, excellent film. 8.5/10 seems like a fair score.

Some people are easily pleased!:icon_roll Thought it was bloody dire. For all it's rave reviews, a big let down. 3.5/10 from the HTB household.

Watched "Bucket List", now that was good, 8/10 from me.

also, watched Lucky number slevin, 7/10.

Has anyone been to see The Dark Knight yet?

I'm not going til tomorrow cos my cinema buddy has been damned inconsiderate spending time with his gf and family instead of going opening night!:icon_roll

I went to watch it on Friday. It is a great film, really edgy compared to the Joel Schumacher versions and there is some proper violence.

I didn't want to jump on the Heath Ledger bandwagon but I have to agree with the critics, he is fantastic as The Joker (far better than Jack Nicholson) brilliantly switching from scary phsyco to hysterical phsyco. There is probably one of the greatest movie lines ever regarding the pencil so look out for it if you are watching it tonight.

Oh yeah I forgot this is a rate and review thread.

10/10 easily. I am going to watch it again this week.

Last edited:
You mean the magic trick with the pencil?:icon_lol:

when that happened me and my mate at each other and i knew he was thinking the same thing I was: He IS The Joker!

Best film I've seen in the last couple of years, not sure if I'd give it a 10/10 though, mainly because Bale's voice when he was Batman irritated the hell out of me!

I agree about Ledger. Now, I've always rated him as an actor, but I was concerned the hype over his role was contributed to greatly by his death. After all, Nicholson's Joker was superb in Burton's Batman.
However, Ledger was simply brilliant. His Joker was a lot more faithful to the comics(which I sadly used to read lots of when I was younger!:icon_redf) Whereas Nicholson's Joker was witty and entertaining, he also loved himself. And at times you could imagine him getting scared and worried. But Ledger's Joker just didn't give a shit. He didn't care if he lived or died and was violent in such a carefree way that you could tell he wasn't scared of anything,even death.
The way the film ended left it wide open for The Joker to be in the third film but how can anyone top that? I don't know who could step into Ledger's shoes and produce a show-stealing performance that outdoes what I saw monday night.
All of the accolades given him for this film HAVE been deserved, not because he is dead, but because he was a superb actor.
And no matter what people think of the way he died, it saddens me that someone with so much talent in the acting world will never reach the status he would, imo, have gotten to. A waste of life that could've, should've entertained millions for many years to come.

Anyhoo as for the rest of the film.:icon_roll
SPOILER!
Glad the bint died. She did my head in. Wish Harvey Dent had been given more screen time, but some rumours are he DIDN'T die. Not sure on the high level of chase seasons etc Batman was involved with either, I always thought of him as a reluctant hero who stayed out of the way doing his thing as much as possible, certainly not doing so much in the public view that he did anyhoo!

All in all, well worth the cinema fee, well worth the numb bum(though I thought the time flew by) and roll on the third film! It's gonna have to be something speical to top the first two of nolan's Batman films!

Will watch it again on dvd tomorrow.:icon_lol:

edit: ooh forgot me rating!! 9/10

Last edited:
Batman is gayer than Graham Norton being bummed by Julian clarey whilst giving Robbie Williams an unlubed fisting. A lot gayer.

I can't even begin to imagine how anyone would be able to sit through a Batman movie.

Batman is gayer than Graham Norton being bummed by Julian clarey whilst giving Robbie Williams an unlubed fisting. A lot gayer.

I can't even begin to imagine how anyone would be able to sit through a Batman movie.

Yeah but Cristian Bale looks hot in that rubber suit don't you think?:055:

totally agree with the praise for the dark knight, but i would hate to see another sequel involving the joker, that performance from ledger (who i thought was justed being hyped up because he died) would be almost impossible to equal let alone top.

Me either!

If Ledger can surpass Nicholson's Joker than I have no doubt that Depp can easily do that in comparison to Carrey's Riddler( which certainly wouldn't be as hard!)

thats like comparing a fine wine to a 29p can of nettos own brand beer.

Last edited:
Last King of Scotland - 8.5/10 some very good acting, in particular Forrest Whittaker as Amin, superb.

Michael Clayton - 3/10 got bored halfway through, way too slow and further proof that George Clooney cannot act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Newcastle611
6Chelsea510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58